Ordered some parts for a 450 build!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Ordered some parts for a 450 build!

Postby armyturner » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 am

I finally made a decision on the direction of my 450 build. Ordered a MEGA 3H billet lower, SBU billet slickside upper, billet charging handle, and hogue grip. I traded one of my 450 barrels for a Larue 7.0 rail and a VLTOR Modstock, so I have the majority of the parts covered. Still have to come up with a bolt. MEGA said that the upper would be about 3-4 weeks, but the other parts would ship right away, so I can at least have the lower ready. This will be my first complete "from the ground up" build, so I am a little excited.
armyturner

Re: Ordered some parts for a 450 build!

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:38 pm

armyturner wrote:I finally made a decision on the direction of my 450 build. Ordered a MEGA 3H billet lower, SBU billet slickside upper, billet charging handle, and hogue grip. I traded one of my 450 barrels for a Larue 7.0 rail and a VLTOR Modstock, so I have the majority of the parts covered. Still have to come up with a bolt. MEGA said that the upper would be about 3-4 weeks, but the other parts would ship right away, so I can at least have the lower ready. This will be my first complete "from the ground up" build, so I am a little excited.

Oh MAN!! We tried to warn you and now you're going to be bit by the 450 Gods...Oh Wait, You Already Have Been!!

Sounds like you are well on the road. If you have any trouble getting a bolt and you might (I can't believe how hot the sales have been!). But here's a solution, take any 223 bolt to a local machine shop and have them open the bolt to accept the 450 rim (The exact size escapes me just now, but we'll have that answer soon). You can use an extractor intended for the AK round, you just always have to let the bolt slam closed. Now you're in business and after all that we better hear all those tall campfire tales, about your escapades with the rifle..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Ordered some parts for a 450 build!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

As a recent "addict" to the 450B craze, I gotta tell ya, building your own black rifle is extremely fun, yet with the current "parts" shortages, can be an endevour of patience. I've been waiting on my parts since 3/01/2011. Meanwhile, I have scrounged up some standard lower parts from DPMS just so I could make my Thumper operational until my competition parts from Bushmaster arrive.
Welcome to the campfire!
My avatar says it best. Yes! I am a 450 Bushmaster Addict! There! I said it! It's not pretty, but there it is nonetheless...
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to AR15 Style Rifles