Remington announces R-15 in .450 Bushmaster

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington announces R-15 in .450 Bushmaster

Postby Doxadude » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 am

Hey... new to the forum. I picked up a bushy upper back in november and have had a blast shooting it. I saw the writing on the wall with remington offering 450 loads... and given their parent company relationship with bushmaster, they now have the R-15 on their website in .450 bushmaster. Now that makes two companies chambering it and 3 factory loads available (well... I use the term "available" loosely) Looks like our little cartridge is on it's way up in this world!
Doxadude

Re: Remington announces R-15 in .450 Bushmaster

Postby thatguy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Welcome to the forum..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

From Remy's website:

Autoloading 18" 450 Bushmaster 36 1/4" 10" 60102

Cool they are making it in an 18" just wish the muzzle was threaded. Nice to have options though.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 am

Doxadude wrote:Hey... new to the forum. I picked up a bushy upper back in november and have had a blast shooting it. I saw the writing on the wall with remington offering 450 loads... and given their parent company relationship with bushmaster, they now have the R-15 on their website in .450 bushmaster. Now that makes two companies chambering it and 3 factory loads available (well... I use the term "available" loosely) Looks like our little cartridge is on it's way up in this world!

Welcome to the Board Doxadude and a little picture of your topic, just one question, who is that dashing, suave, debonair, good looking man in that picture..lol Ok, how about, some other adjectives that are somewhat more affable, but either way, that 450 sure looks good on him, wouldn't you say!!..t

http://i46.tinypic.com/21nejv4.jpg
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 am

Has anyone handled one of these Remington thumpers up close? In the pictures of them, it appears that Remington has destroyed the muzzle threads. Can anyone confirm?
Thanks,
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Hoot wrote:Has anyone handled one of these Remington thumpers up close? In the pictures of them, it appears that Remington has destroyed the muzzle threads. Can anyone confirm?
Thanks,
Hoot

Welcome to the community Hoot! Haven't handled one yet but from what I have see there is no threaded muzzle. Maybe Tim (Wildcatter) has had some time with their release.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Hoot wrote:Has anyone handled one of these Remington thumpers up close? In the pictures of them, it appears that Remington has destroyed the muzzle threads. Can anyone confirm?
Thanks,
Hoot

Yup, and welcome Hoot, good to have ya posting here. That good looking, dashing, wonderful guy on the front of our "Front Page" (you may have to scroll down a little to see it or click here - http://i46.tinypic.com/21nejv4.jpg), told me they handle just great and that there are no threads and no brake, but if one was desired, most any brake would work as the muzzle dia is .750 (forgive me, I'm having a little fun here, I don't have the moxie, so someone tell him who that Goofball of a Crumbesion, in that picture is, before Hoot pounds me)..

It sure handles well and I personally like the 18" barrel, as the trade off for the 16" to 20", it isn't so long to make car, airplane, or Boat travel cumbersome and the velocities are still respectable. My personal weapon is an 18"er..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 pm

well it's officially on the website now....now with blazing fat follow-ups! :D

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... aster.aspx
bushmeister

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:04 pm

With precision accuracy, blazing-fat follow-ups and hunt-specific features

Too funny Bushmeister, good eye! :lol:
2zero6

Postby thirtytwo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

It is a bit of a fat bullet................
thirtytwo

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles