Remington announces R-15 in .450 Bushmaster

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Remington announces R-15 in .450 Bushmaster

Postby gunnut » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on the New Remington 450B "Whistling Fat boy" Ammo! :lol:
gunnut

Postby bushmeister » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 pm

2zero6 wrote:
With precision accuracy, blazing-fat follow-ups and hunt-specific features

Too funny Bushmeister, good eye! :lol:

Well it appears they are blazing fast now. :D but fat nonetheless!
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Nah-Nah, I got my R-15/450b delivered today! I'll have the ammo in this week!! Is this the first one on the Mudders Board or did someone beat me?

Just did a ten hour shift shooting the 450, man I'm bushed, but it was great being outside in some really beautiful spring weather all day and after a tough winter this felt great.

Hey! I saw two Canadian Honkers flying over my range and tucked in perfect formation were two Swans! Never saw that before..t
Last edited by wildcatter on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 pm

wildcatter wrote:Nah-Nah, I got my R-15/450b delivered today! I'll have the ammo in this week!! Is this the first one on the Mudders Board or did someone beat me?

I believe you are first. Everyone else is too busy buying uppers for $499.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 pm

So..... give us the lowdown. Is it befitting of the Name 450 bushmaster? Would you recomend it to others? Is goingthe cheap route worth it? Inquiring minds want to know.
Mike

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 pm

What finish did you get it in? :mrgreen:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 am

dam catter, and I was comming up I69 east about 4:00 yesterday too!!

Should've took your info with me and hooked up, but we'll have to get that done soon.
Al in Mi

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 am

Al in Mi wrote:dam catter, and I was comming up I69 east about 4:00 yesterday too!!

Should've took your info with me and hooked up, but we'll have to get that done soon.

Man, that's when I picked it up too! You should call when you're in my AO.

For the inquiring minds.. It's absolutely a fine weapon, very befitting of our tastes, and solidifies the argument, one which our detractors will totally Hate, that the AR-15 is a Sporting Purpose Rifle (take that you Obamma-ite type Demorats). For some reason it seems a little lighter, maybe not, but as witness by three of my buddies. The one on the front page of this board has that western mountain cammo, mine has the mossy oak mid-western cammo, the one with some green and brown oak leaves with Forrest junk displayed in it, its really very nice. I don't know if they are offering more than one cammo scheme or not, I'll ask next time I'm in contact with them. I'm afraid to shoot it as it's the first production run, what should I do, maybe get another to shoot? Yup, I would recommend it to you-all. The ammo is available on the net and with the major distributors. BTW, someone recently ask about the ammo availability of the ammo. Just wanted to say this system is no 458/50cal AR, the ammo is everywhere, cost half as much, and we can use all 45cal diameters, making our Big Bore the most versatile AR there is, just gotta expand your looking. There will be Regional short term shortages from time to time, this is such a hot item and everybody wants it. There are four stores within 30 miles of me and they are all out at times, but when I call around, one of them will have it and on the INTERNET I can always get the ammo delivered to my doorstep. BTW, are you guys pressuring Starline to make the brass? Those guys are making all manor of slow runners, so the argument is, why not replace one or two of those with a High Runner, beings they say they are at max capacity. If we can get this done, then there are all manor of custom outfits that will load all our bullets, Corbon being Chief among them. If you do call/email them make sure to remind them not to make the socom mistake and to make the web area for a modern high pressure Rifle cartridge, which the 284win and the 6.5-284's are..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Yep, Wc' s right. theres a fine 450BM remington in Barrow's gun shop in Butler, GA. and several boxes of hornady ammo. (unfortunately they have the tag that calls it a 450 rem?) Plenty of ammo in Columbus as well. Rem ammo is scarce right now, but Hornady seems to have it in several locations .
bushmeister

Postby Colohunter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 pm

The ammo is around, my local Gander Mtn has some, though they want $40 a box, so it hasn't been moving very fast. I also ran across a guy selling some on another forum and ended up getting two boxes of factory ammo for $35 shipped.
Colohunter

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles