Spring and Buffer

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Spring and Buffer

Postby elkbow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I've been reading through the forums, trying to find what most people use for buffer and spring...?
elkbow

Re: Spring and Buffer

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 pm

elkbow wrote:I've been reading through the forums, trying to find what most people use for buffer and spring...?

It was designed for the GI/Factory goodies. You can make things better by fooling around with the various buffers and springs, you can also make it quit working too. Gotta have some background for this kind of mod., besides it works great right out of the box. In other words.."You can fool Mother Nature, but sometimes she doesn't like that much".

Good luck and let us know about your progress..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby elkbow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

well i just bought the upper, so building up one of my lowers, i have a bunch of buffers and springs from various other builds, so just trying to find a common starting point, buffer weight and spring
elkbow

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

elkbow wrote:well i just bought the upper, so building up one of my lowers, i have a bunch of buffers and springs from various other builds, so just trying to find a common starting point, buffer weight and spring

K, start out with std. stuff, get it shooting, and then experiment..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 pm

WC gave me the same advice after I told him I was considering one of those high dollar hydraulics gizmos. I took his advice and got the stock stuff and my 450 shoots fantastic and I have money left over for some dies, which by the way, came in today! So I am ready to start my first batch of handloaded 450 Bushys!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby elkbow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 pm

ok, will start with standard buffer and spring, bring others along for tuning, just going to shoot the factory Hornady 250 grainers for now, then start reloading later, have my .458 SOCOM that I have 500 rounds of brass for and have it shooting great with 300gr TTSX's....so thats my main gun along with couple of 6.8's I built...
elkbow

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:WC gave me the same advice after I told him I was considering one of those high dollar hydraulics gizmos. I took his advice and got the stock stuff and my 450 shoots fantastic and I have money left over for some dies, which by the way, came in today! So I am ready to start my first batch of handloaded 450 Bushys!

DON"T DO IT!!! Once you start rolling your own 450b's, soon you'll be looking into the Abyss, from which there is no return!!! ..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 pm

I been rolling my own long before the 450B! And I know what you mean. And with every new cartridge comes a ton of new questions, this flavor of cartridge will be no exception. I may have my first batch as soon as Sunday. Any pointers on 230 FMJs? Email or gimme a buzz WC so we don't completely hijack this thread.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Larrys1911 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I been rolling my own long before the 450B! And I know what you mean. And with every new cartridge comes a ton of new questions, this flavor of cartridge will be no exception. I may have my first batch as soon as Sunday. Any pointers on 230 FMJs? Email or gimme a buzz WC so we don't completely hijack this thread.

Ton of questions my rear.... with every cartridge comes DEBT

I thought LONG and hard before adding this round to my bench and frankly one of the reasons it got added was because I already have the primers and bullets for other stuff......the 450 makes 16 calibers......if I havent forgotten something.

I was trying to consolidate a few years ago but it looks like my son want s to deer hunt and as you guys know.......
Hunny there is just NOTHING in there thats light enough for him.... :cry: HOWEVER :!: :idea: :twisted: I did see a little youth model .243 Bolt gun and it would just be PERFECT for him to learn on...... ya know hunny it could even do double duty as that scout gun Ive been wanting to build..... No no he cant handle that Marlin 44mag, OH lord no he cant handle that 20 double, No the 410 is a little light IMO for him and deer... Yea yea babe but I was pretty strong for 7 when I used the SKB 12ga to kill my first....and the other three 12 Ga are too heavy for him even if he could handle the recoil
No I think the 6.8 just weighs too much for him, Oh lord no the .450 is too much recoil and from there babe it just goes way too big see, I mean 303, 308, 300 Wby Ill just have to buy him a rifle if hes gonna hunt..... :)

add another one.... :lol:

Hows that for justification?
Larrys1911

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Larrys1911 wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I been rolling my own long before the 450B! And I know what you mean. And with every new cartridge comes a ton of new questions, this flavor of cartridge will be no exception. I may have my first batch as soon as Sunday. Any pointers on 230 FMJs? Email or gimme a buzz WC so we don't completely hijack this thread.

Ton of questions my rear.... with every cartridge comes DEBT

I thought LONG and hard before adding this round to my bench and frankly one of the reasons it got added was because I already have the primers and bullets for other stuff......the 450 makes 16 calibers......if I havent forgotten something.

I was trying to consolidate a few years ago but it looks like my son want s to deer hunt and as you guys know.......
Hunny there is just NOTHING in there thats light enough for him.... :cry: HOWEVER :!: :idea: :twisted: I did see a little youth model .243 Bolt gun and it would just be PERFECT for him to learn on...... ya know hunny it could even do double duty as that scout gun Ive been wanting to build..... No no he cant handle that Marlin 44mag, OH lord no he cant handle that 20 double, No the 410 is a little light IMO for him and deer... Yea yea babe but I was pretty strong for 7 when I used the SKB 12ga to kill my first....and the other three 12 Ga are too heavy for him even if he could handle the recoil
No I think the 6.8 just weighs too much for him, Oh lord no the .450 is too much recoil and from there babe it just goes way too big see, I mean 303, 308, 300 Wby Ill just have to buy him a rifle if hes gonna hunt..... :)

add another one.... :lol:

Hows that for justification?

Well...! I was gonna say Ssssshhhh! Don't you know the wives and girlfirends sneak in here to see what we are up to behind our backs? But now you went and totally gave us ALL away! LOL!
But seriously.
Why on Earth couldn't he shoot a 450 Bushmaster? Build one just like mine, but with a 16 inch barrel, A1 Noonan Stock, and a Ross Brake?
Watch me shoot mine on my videos. It's a kitten now. And I do not like recoil. Even a 6.8 with all the same gear. Noonan Stock and Ross Brake! Man, I think I just realized what my next build is gonna be! Gunny and Ross... You'll be hearing from me again for more goodies this fall.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles