Changes at Bushmaster

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Changes at Bushmaster

Postby BayouBob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Has the move of Bushmaster production to the Remington plant in New York been a major factor in the issues so many folks seem to be having with getting parts and uppers. What, if anything will the re-purchase of the old Bushmaster plant in Maine by the original owners do? I assume they will be producing AR's but not under the name of Bushmaster. Will they start producing 450's or are there patent issues that will prohibit that?
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Changes at Bushmaster

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Who knows?...but, more 450b's can only be a good thing! I have a dealer I know scouring through the distributor network to try and find any 450b uppers and complete rifles that are available out there. He came up with a 16" and 20" camo complete rifle when I was buying mine, and that was during the current 450b "drought", more or less. Maybe he will get lucky again. I'll post any positive results he comes up with.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:51 pm

I get a real sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of how this situation has had a negative effect on the name of Bushmaster. Supposing someone had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to buy back Bushmaster, they would definitely be going after the name and all patents and trademarks too as a part of the deal. But if it were me, I sure as heck would not return to Maine. I would bring the operation down to Texas or Tennessee or Louisiana, (depending on Union issues). It would probably end up here in Texas. But as business goes, there had to be a reason for leaving Maine other than the merge with Freedom Group. But that's just me and my two cents and I ain't got the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and I don't know the whole story. But food for thought; 33 businesses previously in California closed their doors and moved here to Texas since 2009.
They didn't go to Maine, New York, or the Carolinas.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:48 pm

UPDATE: My dealer guy was only able to locate some complete 16" carbines, apparently no uppers to be had anywhere he could look. If anyone wants a complete unit, PM me and I'll send you his shop email address. I think they want about $1200.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Stealthshooter » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm

This isn't looking good for my 20" upper!!
Stealthshooter

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 am

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

This is disturbing. Will Remington continue production of the Bushmaster 450, while they continue to produce their own version - http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... aster.aspx? Does this improve their incentive to produce ammo and bullet for the 450? What about Hornady's incentives to keep up bullet and cartridge production?

If not Remington, hopefully, Windham acquired the rights to the 450 and will produce it.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:19 am

Jeepejeep wrote:This is interesting:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011 ... er-reborn/

Wow! That's great!!
I'll support them!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Siringo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 am

In relation to another thread here about a shipped upper with a tilted gas block -- welcome to Remington Country! I have talked to numerous dealers and suppliers and they all say that quality on any Remington product is way down. Just look at all the recalls. Even Marlin Firearms, now manufactured by Remington is turning shoddy. Poor wood to metal fit, ect. SOOO -- I would expect some less than perfect equipment coming out of the Bushmaster name.

Anyone can chamber or make a 450 barrel. All we need are the bolts!!!!!
Siringo

Postby BayouBob » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Remember the brain trust that now calls the shots over Remington is the same outfit that had the wisdom to buy Chrysler a few years ago!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Return to AR15 Style Rifles