Collapsable 6 pos stock on .450 bushmaster??

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Collapsable 6 pos stock on .450 bushmaster??

Postby ebusa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I was hoping to get a straight answer here. I plan to get a Bushmaster 6 Pos collapsable stock instead of using my ACE stock. I want something I can adjust and gives me more options for using a 2 point sling.

My question is...can I just run my .450 upper on a standard 6 pos stock with standard buffer/spring? This is what I'd like to do and don't want to have to fork out more money for an upgraded buffer etc... I also plan on putting the slip on Promag butt pad as well. I just want to make sure the rifle will function correctly. Anyone else set up with a standard collapsable stock with thier 16'' 450?

Thanks
Evan
--Evan
ebusa

Re: Collapsable 6 pos stock on .450 bushmaster??

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:13 am

I have the six position collapsable stock on my 450. It is the one that came with my XM15 lower, which is what I am using on the 450 upper. There is a photo on the picture thread. I added a rubber pad to the stock, and there are a number of posts about a readily available model called the limbsaver that you can get at Walmart.

Last time at the range I fired 100 rounds with no problems.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Siringo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:45 am

If you are using a carbine stock -- I would suggest using an H2 or H3 buffer. The H3 buffer would be the same weight as the standard rifle buffer ( around 5 ounces) that this cartridge was designed around.
Siringo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

I ran my 450B on an XM15 E2S lower and six position stock with the factory buffer and spring. It ran fine. Just a bit more recoil. But once I put Gunnuts A1 stock on a custom lower with standard A2 buffer and spring, I never will go back to the collapsable stock. The Recoiless A1 system is just that comfortable.
Watch my videos on the thread "IT'S ALIVE!"
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby ebusa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks for the replies guys! I've decided to keep my ACE stock! Now, I just need to leave this thing alone!
--Evan
ebusa

Postby Shootist » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 am

I had an original A2 stock on my lower so I bought a new carbine tube and put a Magpul MOE stock on it with their 3/4" rubber pad. The pad keeps it from collapsing down to that last click but on full extension its just slightly longer than the A2 stock. Looks great and feels solid. Still haven't shot the damn thing yet, still waiting for the time.
Shootist

Return to AR15 Style Rifles