WOW!!!!!!!!!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Well, I put the new upper thru its paces today. only had twenty round with me. Good thing- Id have shot all I brought.

Bout all I can say is I wish Id had one years ago.

Accuracy is more than acceptable right now. Resting my elbo on the hood of my truck I was able to place 8 rounds in about a 1.5" group, about 1 inch high. Didnt have to touch the knobs on the scope at all. What kinda luck is that?

the other twelve rounds were used to supress a bowling pin and water jug uprising- the fact that Im writing this and the pins and jugs are not should speak for itself.

Seriously though- I "HAD" 7 pristine pins. I know have 7 pins with either rather large pieces missing, or are no longer capable of being called pins. The Water jugs? To short lived. Ill have to get a bunch for the next range trip. BigTIme fun.

I also took my old school A2 upper with me and shot a couple hundred rounds, but that seemed real soft batch after shooting the 450.

Only bad part of the day is I found out that no, you cannot use 45 acp and 284 win dies to make suitable cartridges. But can you really call any tinkering in the reloading room bad?????

Today gets a big nasty smiley face.
Mike

Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!

Postby BD1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:49 pm

You did better than I did today. I loaded up 60 rounds of various cast 300 grainers, my bench level tripod, the chronograph, bench rest, two rifles, a couple of handguns, a tarp and my wife and went off for a day at the range. The long and short of it is that I got stuck in a mudhole, 1 mile short of the range, 3 miles past the gate. i walked the mile in to the range, no one there, so back to the car. So then I walked the 3 miles out to the gate and convinced the guy in the closest house to come on in and pull me out.
He was willing and two hours later I was out and gave it up and drove home.

A couple of inches of snow in the low country and the roads just go to pieces.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!

Postby the_mad_rshn » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 pm

BD1 wrote:You did better than I did today. I loaded up 60 rounds of various cast 300 grainers...

Sorry to hear BD. Our range here in Fairfax County is closed for more than 2 weeks because of the snow.
Anyway. I just want to hear of the results on shooting your cast. MIne so far were prety bad.

Thank you, sir.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Return to AR15 Style Rifles