Optics for 450B

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Optics for 450B

Postby armyturner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 am

Does anyone here run an Aimpoint on their 450? Do they hold up to the recoil? Most of my hog/deer hunting will be within 100 yards, so a high power scope is not necessary. I spent a lot of time behind an Aimpoint while in the Army, as well as other brands of red dot sights on different firearms prior to the Army. They work well for my purpose and I like to use them. I just want to ensure they will handle the recoil.

Thanks
armyturner

Re: Optics for 450B

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:27 am

I have an Aimpoint on my Desert Eagle 50AE. That thing recoils! No problems at all.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am

I have no personal experience with the Aimpoint on a 450B, but Aimpoint's are well built optic platforms and I dont suspect you will have a problem with them. I'm pretty sure some guys on here are running the Eotech's with no issues. It's a different platform but I would expect the same results. Good luck and keep us posted.

Armyturner: Thank you for your service my friend.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby bigboreshooter » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:11 pm

I have one on my turkey gun, it handles 3 1/2 inch loads no problem. But you are selling this caliber short by not putting a scope on it. Try a 1-4 you have same sight pic as red dot at low power and if you do get a long shot you can crank up to 4 power and make your shot.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby Hoot » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:I have one on my turkey gun, it handles 3 1/2 inch loads no problem. But you are selling this caliber short by not putting a scope on it. Try a 1-4 you have same sight pic as red dot at low power and if you do get a long shot you can crank up to 4 power and make your shot.

I wholeheartedly agree on some kind of optics. Yes, I was young once and had unaided eyes like a hawk, but not anymore and I hate hunting with glasses, though I own a pair. That having been said, a fellow showed up at the range Friday with a pistol gripped, comped, tactical looking shotgun sporting some kind of adjustable stock with a spring built into it for recoil and topping it was one of those Eotech Holo-Sights. He let me take a shot with it at the 50 yard target and I have to say, I was impressed with the sharpness, brilliance and dot size in the noon sun. Without my glasses, it pulled up right on the money and I drilled his silhouette target right in the 10 ring. That was impressive to say the least. Not the rig, but me being able to handle an Eotech Holo-Sight without developing arrhythmia upon seeing the price tag. ;)

For that kind of money, it ought to come with the babe in the ad featuring it. Oh, that's right. I already am owned by a high maintenance woman. What was I thinking. :?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles