AR15 lower group buy?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

AR15 lower group buy?

Postby mossy89 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Is anyone willing to do a group buy somewhere? Or know of any at decent prices. Id like to buy a couple more. Im all for it if anyone else is. I know of one site from a previous topic, [url]http://tdsguns.com/store/product/6733/Aeroprecision-Lower-.223-Multi/[url]
mossy89

Re: AR15 lower group buy?

Postby Clipity » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:57 pm

TDS Guns is right down the street from me, too bad I don't have any money right now. They just had a big sale last Saturday, again didn't have any money to go shopin :cry:
Clipity

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 pm

I've seen "group buys" on lowers, but I believe they have all been offered by a FFL'd dealer?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Get a group buy going on These so that I can get in and buy one of their lowers machined from a billet. The extra strength might be what it takes to stand up to pulling quadruple duty with my four uppers. Between the 450b and the 300 WSSM, my RRA lower is starting to get annoyingly loose at the front pivot point. I also like some of the built-in features like the integral winter trigger guard (even more strength) and the upper to lower tensioning screw. The 6.5 Grendel and 223 uppers are probably not the cause of it getting loose as much as 1k rounds of 450b and another 300 rounds or so with the 300 OSSM. Add to that, they aren't gaudied up with silly badges on the mag well. I'm not into show dogs, but work horses appeal to me. I could then move my RRA 2-stage NM trigger to the new lower. I'm assuming it's my lower getting loose as all four uppers used to be relatively tight in that lower and now all four are looser than I like. I don't mind fabricating four different silicon rubber wedgies for the rear slop, but when the front wobbles in all four planes, that's not a good sign. I did try the o-ring trick, but to no avail. I have not tried some of that .001 shim foil around the pin though. I have some, but I can't find it. Hate to go to an over-sized pivot pin. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Tim, don't chime in with how you shot 15k 450b rounds on a single lower. Please. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Oooh, Oooh...me too!...me too!

Hey, Hoot...re the front takedown pin hole slop...I wouln't be too hesitant to ream out the holes to accomodate an oversize pin...a relatively small increase in pin/hole diameter spreads the wear forces over a significantly larger new area, and slows down the wear process considerably once its done. We used to have this sort of thing happen to bolted/pinned aircraft structural components, and when the original fastener was replaced with the next slightly larger diameter, the wear rate dropped like a rock. I'm jus' sayin'....
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby mossy89 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 pm

I dont really know the first step of doing a group buy but I was hoping someone on here knew more about it, and possibly already had the same idea. Im all for it I would like a couple new lowers.
mossy89

Postby Technosavant » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 pm

AIM Surplus has lowers for as low as $70 for cosmetic blemish Spike's Tactical ones. I'm currently finishing off my .450 build on a Spike's lower, and while the Spike's lowers are really tight ones, it should work fine.

I suppose you might be able to get that price down a bit more with a group buy from a particularly inexpensive maker, but that's a fair amount of effort for not a lot of ultimate payoff.
Technosavant

Postby Hoot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:55 am

Not to appear fickle, but I may have to bow out of this endeavor. After a series of transactions at last night's club swap meet, I'm close to pulling the trigger on that RRA LAR-8 Predator HP. I sent two safe queens to new homes and selling one more item will get me there. If that all goes to hell, and some times life does that, I'll be back looking at a new lower. Otherwise, once I recover from this bath, I'll in all likelihood be back in the hunt anyway. the disease ebbs and flows... ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby go2boats » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:48 pm

mossy89 wrote:I dont really know the first step of doing a group buy but I was hoping someone on here knew more about it, and possibly already had the same idea. Im all for it I would like a couple new lowers.

Saw the post regarding these lowers....(Tactical Inc. T15 & T15 BDX)
Since they are made near where I live I thought I'd give them a call. They do give a big price break to a
FFL licensed dealer....since I don't have a license she wouldn't give me a
price other than to say there is "Quite a break" from listed price.... Also
a break comes with a case(10) or more of the receivers. More receivers than
that the break would probably be better yet.... Posted now at $179.00 down
from the $200+......and still the FFL price is much better or so she
says.....

If you or a friend has a license or anyone else on the website...they can
call and get the "Dealer Price"....or as a club... the dealer can set up a buy
price for those interested.
They also have other models that are less expensive...
go2boats

Postby thatguy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:14 pm

I am really thinking hard about the TDS Guns 3 lowers for $190.. BUT I dont need 3 lowers, even at $63/each

TDS also offer them for $60 if you order 10 or more.. I expected the price drop to be more than $3 at that price point though..

Id be game for a couple lowers, depending on the mfg, for the $50 range if we can work something out..

IF i would have had an FFL lined up i would have ordered 2 $50 lowers from PSA over the holiday weekend

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Return to AR15 Style Rifles