On sale again

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

On sale again

Postby dcbeattie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 am

I see the 450 uppers are on sale for $499.95 again..
2nd one down
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=6#
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Re: On sale again

Postby btfsc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Looks like its just the 20 inch.
Change to the 16 inch and the price goes up.
Could buy the 20 and have it shortened and still save money :D
btfsc

Postby maxbid » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Yes the 16" 450 is on sale.... Scroll down just past the 6.8SPC upper and you'll see it listed for $499.95.
maxbid

Postby Hoot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Thank You Very Much!
For all of you who have had to listen to me moan and groan about the lack of product availability at a reasonable price, I placed my order as soon as I saw this. Hopefully it will arrive in the not-too-distant future. All I have left to do on my part of the project is determine the closest fitting limbsaver to put on the A2. Going to measure it against their patterns tonight and get it ordered. I had the good fortune of snagging 100 first-fired brass for FREE! Just a matter of being on the right search result at the right time. I pick them up locally tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, forgot I need to stop by the local shop and get a tin of powder. Boy this really Makes my day! :D :D :D
Hoot
Last edited by Hoot on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Hoot wrote:Thank You Very Much!
For all of you who have had to listen to me moan and groan about the lack of product availability at a reasonable price, I placed my order as soon as I saw this. Hopefully it will arrive in the not-to-distant future. All I have left to do on my part of the project is determine the closest fitting limbsaver to put on the A2. Going to measure it against their patterns tonight and get it ordered. I had the good fortune of snagging 100 first-fired brass for FREE! Just a matter of being on the right search result at the right time. I pick them up locally tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, forgot I need to stop by the local shop and get a tin of powder. Boy this really Makes my day! :D :D :D
Hoot

YEAH!!! Go get'em Hoot-Man and you to will be numbered among the the Few, the Proud, the 450 Crowd!!..t
Last edited by wildcatter on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

As someone who bought last fall the month before the sale - and paid $800.. I HATE YOU ALL!!! :lol:

But congrats on getting a great rifle at an excellent price

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Hoot wrote:Thank You Very Much!
For all of you who have had to listen to me moan and groan about the lack of product availability at a reasonable price, I placed my order as soon as I saw this. Hopefully it will arrive in the not-too-distant future. All I have left to do on my part of the project is determine the closest fitting limbsaver to put on the A2. Makes my day! :D :D :D
Hoot

Congrats :D Here is what I did (not a recommendation, but what I did) about a limbsaver from another thread: "I was asked about my limbsaver last week, and thought I'd clarify what I did here... The Limbsaver recoil pad #10401 fits very close to the factory stock. It's just about .010" wide on each side, but it's a very clean look. I'm sure you could grind it if you were a perfectionist. I took the buffer tube spacer and ground off about 1/8" for the pad to fit perfectly onto the stock. You do lose the trap door storage however, the recoil is no longer noticeable."
bushmeister

Postby rubicon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello a new guy here I ordered the 16 inch last night and called bushmaster today and was told about 3 weeks so now looking for some ammo and will have to pick the right scope.
rubicon

Postby Hoot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:48 pm

bushmeister wrote:Congrats :D Here is what I did (not a recommendation, but what I did) about a limbsaver from another thread: "I was asked about my limbsaver last week, and thought I'd clarify what I did here... The Limbsaver recoil pad #10401 fits very close to the factory stock. It's just about .010" wide on each side, but it's a very clean look. I'm sure you could grind it if you were a perfectionist. I took the buffer tube spacer and ground off about 1/8" for the pad to fit perfectly onto the stock. You do lose the trap door storage however, the recoil is no longer noticeable."

Hey, thanks for the confirmation on 10401. Using the printable templates, it was the one I though most likely to be the best match. I've done my share of grind-to-fits in the past 30 years or so. After the first few it's not that hard to do a good job between the vertical belt sander, grinding and buffing wheels I have. Trimming a small portion from the sides won't be that bad if I choose to do so. I've never used the trap doors on the previous ARs I made, so it won't be missed. Neither will ruining the shoulder surgery I had a few years back after too many years shooting Trap & Skeet every week. I can handle waiting 3 weeks, but not 3 months. Our not-freezing-your-butt-off season is already too short. ;)
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby xxInfidelxx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Any idea when this sale ends. I missed it last time. I may have to go sell a gun to get one this time. I was saving money up for a project and spent most of it last night on bills.
xxInfidelxx

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles