carbine butt stock

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

carbine butt stock

Postby Siringo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 am

I had gotten a carbine butt stock (CAA) for X-mas. Just recently, I got a 6 position carbine tube, spring and buffer made by GMG. After assembly, the bolt will not hold open. It appears that the when bottomed out, it needs to go back another 1/4 inch. What am or what have I done wrong?
Siringo

Re: carbine butt stock

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Hmmm, that a strange one.

Usually when this kind of thing happens it's a person that switched from an A2 stock to an A1 and used the same screws (the longer A2 screw will protrude into the buffer tube enough to stop the buffer short).

I wonder if maybe they accidently gave you a rifle length spring and if that would be too long?

I would call them.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Siringo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Yep! I figured it out as soon as I hit the submit button. Company shipped a rifle spring instead of a carbine spring. Just ordered one from Brownells.

Thanks though!!!!!
Siringo

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Siringo wrote:Yep! I figured it out as soon as I hit the submit button. Company shipped a rifle spring instead of a carbine spring. Just ordered one from Brownells.

Thanks though!!!!!

Do you have a carbine spring around from another rifle to test it out?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Siringo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:25 pm

I bought one and should get it by the end of the week.
Siringo

Return to AR15 Style Rifles