Update on BM Sale uppers(Read this if u ordered one)

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Update on BM Sale uppers(Read this if u ordered one)

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:07 pm

gadgetguy1288 wrote: I get to take a ferry from Sitka, AK to Bellingham, WA and then Drive to FL! FunFun!! :roll:

While your driving through there is a shop called Ben's Loans just north of me in Renton, WA that always stocks plenty of .450 ammo as me and a few others go through quite a bit of it. Might as well pick up some boxes of it. From what I here it is hit or miss elsewhere. I was just there Sunday and they had plenty. Price is around $27-$29 a box depending on who you talk to.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby gadgetguy1288 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 pm

2zero6 wrote:While your driving through there is a shop called Ben's Loans just north of me in Renton, WA that always stocks plenty of .450 ammo as me and a few others go through quite a bit of it. Might as well pick up some boxes of it. From what I here it is hit or miss elsewhere. I was just there Sunday and they had plenty. Price is around $27-$29 a box depending on who you talk to.

Thanks for the tip. Ill be sure to pick up a few boxes
gadgetguy1288

Postby BayouBob » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 pm

I missed something. What's Midway Disease?
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 am

BayouBob wrote:I missed something. What's Midway Disease?

Have you tried ordering something popular from Midway lately? With firearms and ammo demand being at a fever pitch, they have trouble keeping up with demand on some items. Something will go on sale and very quickly be sold out with lots of time left on the sale period. They then specify a back-in-stock date. When that date arrives and its still not in stock, they adjust the date a few days later. When that date arrives and its still not in stock, they adjust the date a few days later. When that date arrives and its still not in stock... well you get the picture.

So my attempt at a metaphor was that I hoped this deal at Bushmaster didn't end up going the same route. I ordered mine the day the sale began a little over three weeks ago. I spoke with a customer service person who told me they were back ordered and my upper would be 4 weeks coming. I got an email from them yesterday saying my order would be one to two more weeks coming and I would not hear from them again until it ships. I am sure looking forward to getting that email some time in the next two weeks.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gotzox » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Bushmaster told me today it would be 30-45 working days before they start shipping. Still a great price for the wait.

Orra
gotzox

Postby Flinchy McMissalot » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Ordered a 16" upper from BM on March 15th. Was told lead time was 30 to 45 days. Also ordered brass and loaded ammo from Midway on same date. At the time, Midway had a ship date for the brass of 3/29. It's since moved back to mid April. The ammo ship date was listed as late April. I'm not optimistic, but I don't think the wait will kill me :D
-Flinchy
Flinchy McMissalot

Postby Flinchy McMissalot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Midway has the 450 BM Hornady loaded ammo in stock this afternoon!
Flinchy McMissalot

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Flinchy McMissalot wrote:Midway has the 450 BM Hornady loaded ammo in stock this afternoon!

Out of Stock as of 5:35 PM CDT
Hoot
EDIT: Back in stock as of 10 PM CDT. Don't blink...
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles