MIDWAY USA HAS AMMO IN STOCK

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: MIDWAY USA HAS AMMO IN STOCK

Postby tacster » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am

woohoo my ammo should be arriving tomorrow.on the downside i just called bushmaster and because of their big sale they are a few weeks behind production. they told me a 3 week wait. its gona be a long 3 weeks. especially stairring at the ammo
tacster

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am

Are you guys using Ammoseek.com? This is a new site and is growing in usable market sources.

In view of the Hoot-mans dilemma, AmmoSeek, is yet another tool. Currently they have three major sources for 450b ammo and all are in stock. Recently, I've seen them list as many as eight sources, for our ammo. Even when Mid-Way is out, it's not more than many days before they are resupplied. (Are ya listening Hoot?..wink). Most of us have no problems at all really. Getting our ammo is actually no problem as all the posts, but Hoot's, seem to attest, once you get hooked-up. The local sources and the web, just make it easy, if we're willing to look and not spend any time on negative sources, if they don't have it, they will someday, but it may be necessary to move on for a season to more fertile sources. Let's face it, it'll be a little while longer before you can buy a box at a 7-11. A little Birdie told me that, before the economy crash, that the goal was to make the AR and the 450, specifically, about as easy to get as a box of 22's are now.

Consider; every platform we use was usually first, a Military Design, soon they all become civilian-ized, and soon there after, the ammo becomes available, even at the 7-11's (Relax, this is just a stupid example), and ammo shortages were always a problem in the beginning. The AR has taken the longest for this crossover, in part due to the Anti's Hyperventilating, but the 450Bushy has diffidently paved the way for the finial civilian acceptance (i.e. Jim Zumbo and many, many, other similar events). As an aside, that little birdie has also whispered to me that the 450, after only being out for about 2 1/2 years now, probably has produced as many guns and rounds of ammo as those other big bore have since their beginnings, combined, and they have been marketed for what, more than ten years now?

So, we will experience regional shortages, but the future is very bright indeed, for the 450 that is, not sure about the other big bores...t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BD1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 pm

I sure hope all you factory ammo addicts are saving your brass for the rest of us :) My .450B has never seen a "factory" round.
Seriously, I'd be interested in buying anyone's once fired .450B factory brass. I'd specially like to try some of the Remington when it becomes available.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles