LimbSaver Recoil Pad

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

LimbSaver Recoil Pad

Postby mizar » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 am

Hey guys. Im a new member here and had just purchased a new 450 upper while their sale was going on.. Anyone know where I can order Limb Savers new AR15/M4 Recoil pad? Cant seem to find a web site that carries it. Thanks for your help
mizar

Re: LimbSaver Recoil Pad

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 pm

While not specifically for the A2 stock, the Limbsaver #10401 is a close fit. One of the members tipped me off to this a while back and true to his word, it is close enough that even anally retentive me did not opt to fit it any further. I did tap the sling hanger to the same thread as the buffer tube screw and replaced both of the stock screws with SS socket cap head screws. They are slightly smaller heads and seems to fit better in the rubber limbsaver holes without distorting them. The screws are pretty much common fare at a hardware store. I watched ebay and got a NIB #10401 for $25 shipped. MSRP runs around $35 plus shipping IIRC. Which way you go on that depends upon how much in a hurry you are. If you ordered your upper during the sale, time is unfortunately on your side. I'm coming up on week 5, waiting. Image
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BayouBob » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Sims has a buy button on its web site.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby mizar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:04 am

Thanks. I didnt see one for that product number.
mizar

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 am

If you don't mind paying MSRP, there are several available right now on Ebay and Gunbroker.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby mizar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks. Ill have to check them out.
mizar

Return to AR15 Style Rifles