450 article

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

450 article

Postby dcbeattie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 pm

There is an article about the 450 BM here http://www.arshunt.com/arshunt/201004?pg=87&pm=1&fs=1#pg87
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Re: 450 article

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Pretty cool! Never knew there was more than one kind of wild turkey in north America. Never too old to learn. Thanks for the link.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bushmeister » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:18 am

Hoot wrote:Pretty cool! Never knew there was more than one kind of wild turkey in north America. Never too old to learn. Thanks for the link.
Hoot

Yeah Hoot, there are actually 4 subspecies of wild turkey in the US... The Merriam, the Rio Grande, the Osceola, and the Eastern. I believe there is a 5th subspecies on my hunting lease, it looks just like an eastern, but the gobblers are suspected to be deaf, mute, and gay, based on their behavior when I call them.

Great article dcbeattie, thanks for sharing!
bushmeister

Postby BayouBob » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 am

Yeah Bush and we have a subspeices that has a sense of smell like deer! Added to their eyes and ears and usually you don't even know they are there.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm

bushmeister wrote:but the gobblers are suspected to be deaf, mute, and gay, based on their behavior when I call them.

ROTFL... Too funny!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't see it yet.. Now see my newest post and look at the youngest 450 shooter, My Hero..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby YoteAddict » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:06 am

bushmeister wrote:
Hoot wrote:Pretty cool! Never knew there was more than one kind of wild turkey in north America. Never too old to learn. Thanks for the link.
Hoot

Yeah Hoot, there are actually 4 subspecies of wild turkey in the US... The Merriam, the Rio Grande, the Osceola, and the Eastern. I believe there is a 5th subspecies on my hunting lease, it looks just like an eastern, but the gobblers are suspected to be deaf, mute, and gay, based on their behavior when I call them.

Great article dcbeattie, thanks for sharing!

A little known 5th subspecies called the Gould's turkey resides in Southern Arizona and old Mexico. Here is a link to a recent story about the species status in Arizona: http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/gould-s-turkeys-release.shtml For this upcoming Spring 2010 turkey season, a total of 36 permits were issued to hunt Gould's turkeys in Southern Arizona! Another source for information about the Gould's turkey (the source that introduced that turkey to me) is the Turkey Hunter's Digest, by Dwain Bland (available at the following link http://www.amazon.com/Turkey-Hunters-Digest-Dwain-Bland/dp/0873491645).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Postby MudBug » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:45 pm

2zero6 wrote:
bushmeister wrote:but the gobblers are suspected to be deaf, mute, and gay, based on their behavior when I call them.

ROTFL... Too funny!

Turkey Hunting
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 pm

MudBug wrote:
2zero6 wrote:

ROTFL... Too funny!

Turkey Hunting

Well, Yeah on the Turkey Hunting, a 230gr @3000fps will Gobble them up, don't-sha think?!?! :lol: , wink..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Yote, I always heard that Goulds were in Mexico, but I'm not doubting you. Maybe you can show me a few ;) I could use a few coyote tips as well, WC, birds are only huntable by shotgun or SCOPED MUZZLELOADER here in GA. I'm still interested in making the 450 a scoped "muzzleloader" :D I have a few ideas to run by you during muzzlebreak season.

edit: just saw the link Yote provided. Long live the Goulds!!! I'm guessing they won't allow hunting until the species reaches some sort of equilibrium?
bushmeister

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles