Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Has anyone received their upper from the sale?

Postby Siringo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Companies have to charge State sales tax. With some -- you don't see it. But if they are audited, they could be in BIG trouble. Don't dock points for that. My company has to keep track of sales taxes for 50 states and send them a quarterly check!
Siringo

Postby bushmeister » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm

tacster wrote:got my 16 inch upper today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they charged me sales tax for out of state.

Hooray! Glad it finally showed up. They may have a sister company (remington or other) or an office in your state that is owned by the same parent company... if so, they are required to.
bushmeister

Postby tacster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 am

yeah i figured they had a good reason. i suppose i wont hold it against them. im going to shoot it right now. then, maybe hunting in the eavning.
tacster

Postby HillBilly » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Fed Ex came, Fed Ex left... I got home about 15min before a rain shower... With my upper on the front steps...

Anyway my upper is here...
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 am

HillBilly wrote:With my upper on the front steps...

Hopefully you live in a house in the sticks like me as that would be a horrible thing to leave on somebody's doorstep in an apartment complex or city. :shock:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby thebrassnuckles » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:31 am

Mine was sitting on my front porch... I live in a shite neighborhood. :x
thebrassnuckles

Postby frodobaggins » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 am

Siringo wrote:Companies have to charge State sales tax. With some -- you don't see it. But if they are audited, they could be in BIG trouble. Don't dock points for that. My company has to keep track of sales taxes for 50 states and send them a quarterly check!

Not if they don't have a business entity in the state. Then the buyer is subject to use tax.
frodobaggins

Postby gelker » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 pm

A friend of mine got two since they were backordered. He only wanted one so he unloaded the other on me for the sale price. I have a couple AR's but I just stepped into this one. I need to get out to the range and I'll let you know what I think about the Thumper.
gelker

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 pm

gelker wrote:A friend of mine got two since they were backordered. He only wanted one so he unloaded the other on me for the sale price. I have a couple AR's but I just stepped into this one. I need to get out to the range and I'll let you know what I think about the Thumper.

Welcome aboard! :D Can't wait to hear your range report.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Hoot » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 am

gelker wrote:A friend of mine got two since they were backordered. He only wanted one so he unloaded the other on me for the sale price. I have a couple AR's but I just stepped into this one. I need to get out to the range and I'll let you know what I think about the Thumper.

It's hard to un-learn a flinch. Get a Limb Saver Medium Slip-On recoil pad. Get the Winchester branded one at Wally World for half the price. It's made by Limbsaver.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles