Let's Get More Members

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Let's Get More Members

Postby BayouBob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 am

If we could get a bigger percentage of the 450 Bushmaster owners and wannabe owners to join and participate we could find a lot more knowledge and information and experiences to share. Wildcatter, do you think the folks at Bushmaster would include info. about this site with their rifles and parts? Would Hornady or Remington include info. with their ammo?
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Let's Get More Members

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 am

BayouBob wrote:If we could get a bigger percentage of the 450 Bushmaster owners and wannabe owners to join and participate we could find a lot more knowledge and information and experiences to share. Wildcatter, do you think the folks at Bushmaster would include info. about this site with their rifles and parts? Would Hornady or Remington include info. with their ammo?

Well Bad-Bob, I know they monitor this sight and I know for a fact that on occasion, when asked, they recommend us and I'll pass on your idea. They may very well grow to think this sight is an excellent device to help them sell the product. But, they have said they will stay with us only as long as we .."keep it clean".., as they have put it. Which is the reason they do not generally support the other channels, so-to-speak.

Keep in mind as we get bigger, it will become more important than ever, for us as individuals, to police this community and not just leave it up to the Mudder, that is, if we want to progress and not fall into the negative, no-growth trappings, that are found on many of the other sights. In other words, we are a community interested in the State of the Art, and Abhor Disrespect and Foul Mouths, wanting to just advance our knowledge base. As we get bigger we will attract the Dregs of the world and must, if we are to prosper, police ourselves.

I Guess this will be a Occupational Hazard, one which we do not have to put up with, or we WILL go the way of Passenger Pigeon.

And if we do police ourselves, membership growth will be a good thing, for there are as many wants, wishes, and desires, as there are new members, and they all have varying experiences and insights, that will be of great worth, to all the rest of us..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BayouBob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 pm

You are right about policing ourselves. The degree of civility on this site is better than just about any one I am a member of. On some of the bigger sites if you ask a simple question or offer an opinion based on experience, by the third post the bashers are out in full force. Some of the posters are even paid by sponsor companies to trash the competition. It is the sense of anonymnity that makes some people feel bullet proof and show their backsides to the cyber world. You and I have never met but our brief remarks here make me feel like I know you and when we do get together for that hog hunt we'll be friends. You have shared a lot of knowledge with the readers here as have several others and it appears everyone apprecitates it. I have shared results based on hundreds of hours of experiments on another board only to get lectured and belittled by members who were "smarter" than me. Hopefully we can always limit ourselves to first helping each other and then strengthening our shooting community.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Well Bad Bob, you just git yourself ready, cause before you know it I'm coming down and "Make You" show me, just what this 450 is all about, wink..

As if anyone could make that 'ol Rebel do anything, but I bet he'd show me things, that I'd be highly impressed with.

And your comments about our conduct are highly respected. Is there anybody out there that agrees with the philosophy of this kind of respect and getting the work down we all want to do???..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

BayouBob wrote:You are right about policing ourselves. The degree of civility on this site is better than just about any one I am a member of. On some of the bigger sites if you ask a simple question or offer an opinion based on experience, by the third post the bashers are out in full force. Some of the posters are even paid by sponsor companies to trash the competition. It is the sense of anonymnity that makes some people feel bullet proof and show their backsides to the cyber world. You and I have never met but our brief remarks here make me feel like I know you and when we do get together for that hog hunt we'll be friends. You have shared a lot of knowledge with the readers here as have several others and it appears everyone apprecitates it. I have shared results based on hundreds of hours of experiments on another board only to get lectured and belittled by members who were "smarter" than me. Hopefully we can always limit ourselves to first helping each other and then strengthening our shooting community.

+1 on this forums civility. To teach is to learn...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby MudBug » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:10 am

I really don't think we have too much to worry about on this forum. I have been to forums that fight all the time and forums that are very civil, and you can sense the tone of the forum from almost the minute you start reading and behave accordingly.

Anyone that knows me from ar15.com know that I can be a foul mouthed, argumentative jerk some times, but that is there. If you see me post at the grendel forums you will see me behave much differently, and at the snipers hide I'm somewhere in between.

We have set the tone here already and when others come they see that behave themselves.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Return to AR15 Style Rifles