Ammo Availability Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ammo Availability Thread.

Postby Ghost Dog » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:44 pm

When I was thinking of buying a big bore upper, this site with it's great group of guys and family atmosphere where the deciding factors!

I guess we all make mistakes, but then again TSD and Wildcater aren't all that bad!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Ghost Dog » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 pm

A little pricey but still another vendor:

http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rif ... _1=DZZ_450 Bushmaster

Brownells at $30.99 a box
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby commander faschisto » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Dittos on the great group around the electronic campfire here...I'm not entirely sure why the 450b draws the crowd that consistently acts like considerate adults with each other. It shouldn't be such a rare quality, but apparently, it is, to judge from some others I've looked at briefly (and decided not to join...)

Back on the ammo availability subject: Has anyone seen or heard anything about the alleged Remmy 450b "Hog Hammer" 275 grainers yet??? I've run across almost all the other calibers they announced for that series, but nary a box of 450b. :cry:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby MOOSE EARS » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 am

Palmetto State Armory has the 250gr Hornady's for $21.99 a box. I ordered 5 boxes last night. They might even still have free shipping.
MOOSE EARS

Postby Colohunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 am

Midway has Hornady 250 in stock and on sale $25.77:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/979384 ... -box-of-20
Colohunter

Postby wildcatter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:35 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Dittos on the great group around the electronic campfire here...I'm not entirely sure why the 450b draws the crowd that consistently acts like considerate adults with each other. It shouldn't be such a rare quality, but apparently, it is, to judge from some others I've looked at briefly (and decided not to join...)

Back on the ammo availability subject: Has anyone seen or heard anything about the alleged Remmy 450b "Hog Hammer" 275 grainers yet??? I've run across almost all the other calibers they announced for that series, but nary a box of 450b. :cry:

Commander Fast and Furious,

Two things, One, the reason behind our Gentile-Respect, is because guys like you, demand it and we periodically we talk about it and we are quick to chasten any violators, me included. it is the only way we can keep the Big Boys with us.

And the second thing is about our Hog Hammers. I don't know if they have been built any for us, yet?? Maybe someone else has data. But in the mean time, you can reload using the most Excellent Barnes 275gr XPB..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Yep, I've home-brewed basically the same 275gr load with the Barnes XPBs, a little faster, actually, with the data from the electronic campfire here. I really think the 275gr at about 45,000psi should've been the factory "standard" load for the 450b rifles when they came out. What a sledge-hammer! I also rolled up a few boxes of 325gr Barnes Busters to try out, hopefully soon, speaking of a sledge-hammer...

If one doesn't feel like rolling one's own, the three factory loads (assuming Remmy produces the HH) cover just about everything. A 200gr version from Hornady, or whoever, would be a great addition to the lineup, too.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:36 am

If one doesn't feel like rolling one's own, the three factory loads (assuming Remmy produces the HH) cover just about everything. A 200gr version from Hornady, or whoever, would be a great addition to the lineup, too.

From Hoots experience, I would say the 225 gr FTX would make a great addition along with my affordable 230 Grain FMJ Flat points with the side crimp.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Agreed! I think most folks way underestimate the knock-down power of those FMJ flat-points...they're great at punching through, and yes, Virginia, they do expand, contrary to popular opinion.

I have about 100 of the 225gr FTXs...should whip up a batch...thanks for the reminder!

TSD...you wouldn't have anything to do with all those Sasquatch sightings recently, eh?....like leaving the house without your blaze orange vest and hat on??? :lol:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 am

TSD...you wouldn't have anything to do with all those Sasquatch sightings recently, eh?....like leaving the house without your blaze orange vest and hat on???

Naw bro. That ain't me. I actually shave a couple times a year.
Those reportings always seem to trickle out of areas where Michele Obama happens to be vacationing.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles