Ammo Availability Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ammo Availability Thread.

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:06 am

Ghost Dog wrote:If you don't mind buying from Cheaper than Dirt - $23.88.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-H82244

I don't mind buying from Cheaper Than Dirt, but I must also pay shipping and tax. If Palmetto has them for $25 per box and free shipping over $100, that is a deal you can't beat right now.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby JBT1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 am

Jim, thanks for the heads up on the ammo! Just picked up 4 boxes.

Jack
JBT1

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:29 am

Someone had commented on PSA slow delivery. I ordered ammo twice from them. Both times it was shipped either the same day or next day. I'm getting my ammo tomorrow that was ordered Saturday.
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby Ghost Dog » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I ordered some 6.8 spc on Thursday, still shows it's in processing.
My order before that, I had to call after a month of waiting. They answered the phone, looked the order up, said he didn't understand why it had not shipped, went out the next day. If I'm in a hurry, I order elsewhere. Otherwise hard to beat their prices and they usually
offer free shipping once a month or so.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Ghost Dog wrote:I ordered some 6.8 spc on Thursday, still shows it's in processing.
My order before that, I had to call after a month of waiting. They answered the phone, looked the order up, said he didn't understand why it had not shipped, went out the next day. If I'm in a hurry, I order elsewhere. Otherwise hard to beat their prices and they usually

That's strange. I never had to call them. I wonder if it's because it was 450 BM ammo each time?
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby Ghost Dog » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Nope, 6.8 spc each time. In fact fed ex just delivered the stuff from JoeBob's an hour ago, ordered on 08/01/14
Palmetto still shows processing.
If you haven't used Palmetto in a while you'll see this:
" We are in the process of upgrading all of our backend systems. Unfortunately, if you have not ordered since April 2nd, 2014 you will need to create a new account."

They must be using the same tech people as the IRS. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:10 pm

LegendInMyOwnMind wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:I ordered some 6.8 spc on Thursday, still shows it's in processing.

That's strange. I never had to call them. I wonder if it's because it was 450 BM ammo each time?

I meant I ordered 450 BM and that was why my orders came right away. On my last order, I did have to start a new account.... :roll:
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby AndrewX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Not that it's important, but when did Hornady move the .450 Bushmaster into the Leverevolution ammo line from the Custom? When I first clicked the link to CTD, I noticed the photo (and also that the cartridge that they're showing isn't the .450 Bushmaster - it's rimmed) but then checked Hornady's website to confirm.

Now I'll have to look in a different spot when I visit my local BPS. All the ammo I've ever seen was marked Custom.
AndrewX
16" Bushmaster upper
NRA Patron Life Member
AndrewX

Re: Ammo Availability Thread. 450 BM

Postby 45-70 shooter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Cabellas has it
45-70 shooter

Postby wildcatter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:54 pm

AndrewX wrote:

Not that it's important, but when did Hornady move the .450 Bushmaster into the Leverevolution ammo line from the Custom? When I first clicked the link to CTD, I noticed the photo (and also that the cartridge that they're showing isn't the .450 Bushmaster - it's rimmed) but then checked Hornady's website to confirm.

Now I'll have to look in a different spot when I visit my local BPS. All the ammo I've ever seen was marked Custom.

What is most likely happening there, Andy. Is they are using a stock photo, for the 450b that is not exactly correct..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles