Limbsaver Recoil Pad Caveat

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Limbsaver Recoil Pad Caveat

Postby Cutright » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 pm

I must have the wrong size for my A2 stock. I bought the only size Walmart had at the time
Cutright

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Cutright wrote:I must have the wrong size for my A2 stock. I bought the only size Walmart had at the time

That'll do it. Maybe you have a larger stocked rifle to put that large one on? You need a Medium for that perfect fit on an A1/A2 stock.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby dantheman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's some pics of my modified Kickeez recoil pad. I used the cheesy butt plate supplied by Cavalry Arms it's like a soft plastic/ hard rubber material that's on the soft side. I was too cheap to by a harder A2 butt plate so I thought I'd see if I could make this work for me. Waste no want not , I guess.

I ground down the butt plate to the interior stock dimension and then basically cut the thing in half. That left me with like a flexible skeleton that I knew wouldn't work. I drilled two holes in each side and inserted two small finishing nails to make "rebar' to hold the Acraglas epoxy. I ended up with a nice rigid piece that I epoxied and screwed into the plastic plate of the recoil pad.

The recoil pad now has lateral stability and fits tightly to the stock just like a regular butt plate.

Dan
dantheman

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Great improvisation Dan! Looking at the first image, it was hard to follow your written description but the second image brought it together. A good example of a can-do attitude.
Nothing quite as satisfying as finding a solution by way of you own ingenuity.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby sbrGrendel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 pm

I know this is a really old thread, but when I had my Beowulf when they first came out. I used a ACE (ARFX) with the 1” rubber butt pad and it helped a lot! Matter of fact I’m going to use that setup again when I get my 450 Bushmaster built. I found this this message board and I’m glad I did so I can figure out what parts I want to go with, I think it’s awesome that some of the best builders of the Bushmaster is from my home state of Michigan.

Hopefully this suggestion helps a new adapter to the platform
sbrGrendel

Postby MOOSE EARS » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I have a 450 build with the short Ace stock and thick recoil pad and it is the perfect length for a thick hunting jacket situation.
MOOSE EARS

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles