Magpul PRS Stock

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Magpul PRS Stock

Postby Meatman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Does anyone use one of these for Thumper? I saw where someone said it was pretty heavy, but it's what I'm leaning toward now. Does the charging handle clear the cheekpiece on the AR-15 version?
Meatman

Re: Magpul PRS Stock

Postby MudBug » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

I use one on a precision grendel, they are heavy.

yes the changing handle will clear.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Meatman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 am

Any input on the Vltor E-mod? It says it's about a pound lighter than the PRS, but doesn't look as sturdy. I'd like to get an adjustable stock that's an upgrade from the standard, something with a cheek rest.
Meatman

Postby MudBug » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Meatman wrote:Any input on the Vltor E-mod? It says it's about a pound lighter than the PRS, but doesn't look as sturdy. I'd like to get an adjustable stock that's an upgrade from the standard, something with a cheek rest.

Before I switched to my Cav Arms lower my 18" grendel and my 450b were sharing a lower that has an E-mod stock on it. I like it a lot and it my just end up being used again if I ever get another late season elk draw. I could have really used an adjustable stock last year.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Return to AR15 Style Rifles