Stock choice

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Stock choice

Postby HillBilly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Just wondering what you guys like/use for your 450 stocks?

I've got lowers with just about every stock type you can imagine... There is a naked Spikes wearing an ACE M4 Super Duty stock that is begging to go big boom...

I may get a magpul UBR on the way too...

I've been building these damn things for 15 years now and they are still worse than CRACK... :lol:

HB
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Re: Stock choice

Postby BayouBob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:17 pm

I concluded that I use my 450 as a hunting rifle so the accoutrements need to be pretty much what my other hunting rifles have with just the advantage of multiple follow up shots and a big bullet. I use the standard A-2 with a Sims slip on recoil pad and a 6 shot stock bandolier to hold a few extra rounds. It goes from the gun case to the 4-wheeler to my shoulder so I don't really need a telescoping stock for anything. The only tactical situation I'm going to get into is when the hogs surround me again like Davey Crockett at the Alamo and the next time that happens I'm going to call for someone to either air drop me some more ammo or just air drop in Wildcatter to help me shoot my way out!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm

BayouBob wrote:I concluded that I use my 450 when the hogs surround me again like Davey Crockett at the Alamo and the next time that happens I'm going to call for someone to either air drop me some more ammo or just air drop in Wildcatter to help me shoot my way out!

That's "MY" Bad-to-the-Bone-Bob, wanna know why he's mine...cause nobody else will have him, lol.

One of these days I'm going to force him to cook me up some campfire grits..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HillBilly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

My problem is I wind up hunting in a Tee shirt for bear and sometimes the deer woods have snow and below 0 temps... The multiple positions for length of pull are very handy.
An A2 stock is way too long when I'm wearing a couple layers of carhart and a snowmobile suit :lol:
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby BayouBob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 pm

wildcatter wrote:
BayouBob wrote:I concluded that I use my 450 when the hogs surround me again like Davey Crockett at the Alamo and the next time that happens I'm going to call for someone to either air drop me some more ammo or just air drop in Wildcatter to help me shoot my way out!

That's "MY" Bad-to-the-Bone-Bob, wanna know why he's mine...cause nobody else will have him, lol.

One of these days I'm going to force him to cook me up some campfire grits..t

How about some venison steaks slow simmered with carrots and potatos seasoned with a little lemon pepper and garlic?
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby ebusa » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I've got the ACE stock and really like it. Come with a buttpad and it's comfy on my face. Looks nasty too! haha
--Evan
ebusa

Postby lucasphi20 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 am

I haven't tried it yet (450 should be here today!), but I will use the standard M4 type stock. I did find this and knowing how it dampens 3.5" turkey loads in my Super Black Eagle and 250 grain hot loads in my 338 Win Mag, I think the limbsaver will help. http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/products/firearms/ar-m4.php#snap
“If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.”
General George S. Patton Jr., USA
lucasphi20

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Bad-Bob, NOW that's a date, just don't go too light on the Garlic..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Billsmith63 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 pm

I received my upper last week and put a Magpul MOE on it. Don't like it! Not comfortable at all at the range. I have one more lower and I think I'll build it up with an A2 stock and see how I like it.
Billsmith63

Postby thatguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:17 pm

I have a 6 pos collapsible stock by Command Arms. I added a slip-on Limbsave recoil pad for good measure.. So far it has held up, except I had to re-time the buffer spring retainer pin

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles