Stock choice

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Stock choice

Postby talonxracer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm

I have tried the stockA2, Bell&Calson thumbhole, m4, PRS, and finally the ACE skeleton stock. For hunting, general shooting and carrying around, the ACE stock beats all the rest hands down. No moving parts, the cheek doesnt freeze weld itself to the stock, no felt buffer sting, very comfy and plain looks cool!
talonxracer

Postby thebrassnuckles » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:56 pm

i like my ace stock. recoil feels exactly like my brother in laws steyr scout .308.. not too jarring... but more of a push

thebrassnuckles

Postby kakend » Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 am

Hello All,
I am new to the site but have been reading for about 3 weeks. I have an upper from the bushmaster sale. I have shot 3 boxes of rounds thru it. Here is what I have. A stag arms m2 and love it. I also bought a bell and carlson thumbhole stock. The problem that I have is it came with just the stock and I have no idea how to attach and what parts I need. I am new to ar's and am super frustrated, I thought that when I bought the $119 stock it would be ready to put together. Nope, I cant even get the castle nut off. Am I just that un-aware? ha ha ha... any help would be great!

kasey
kakend

Postby talonxracer » Sat May 01, 2010 8:38 pm

The bell and carlson stock is very uncomfortable to shoot as it comes from the factory. I did alot of custom sanding, epoxy and trial and error to get it remotely comfy. IIRC I needed a A2 buttplate, spacer and screws in addition. Assembly is a one time deal, the safety detent spring can not be removed once the stock is installed without ruining it. Best to go over to AR15.com and read up on the gunsmithing section, there are several good threads concerning tools and procedures.
talonxracer

Postby kakend » Sat May 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Thank you for the help, I also noticed how uncomfortable the stock was and just started to sand and epoxy, and sand and epoxy, so on and so forth. I will look really cool when all is said and done. Any way thank ou for your responce and it is great to have a .450b forum!!!

Kasey
kakend

Postby ryr8828 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:42 am

I'm going to use a rock river collapsible, mainly because I have one laying around that I took off of another rifle.

May build the lower today if it turns out being too wet to play golf. Even though my upper seems weeks away I'm tired of having all these loose parts around. I built an 11" 5.7x28 pistol yesterday after golf.
ryr8828

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles