Can it be done

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Can it be done

Postby talonxracer » Mon May 17, 2010 7:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows if the ACE rifle length stock can be dissassembled and modified to a carbine length? I have a pinestraw Duracoat camo job done that would be almost impossible to replicate so I didnt want to get a new stock. Has anyone done this?
talonxracer

Re: Can it be done

Postby ag04blast » Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 am

Never seen or hear of it being done but I guess you could cut the lower bar and weld it back together shorter. I dont really think there would be an easy way to modify it without damage to the paint job.
ag04blast

Postby thebrassnuckles » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 am

i cant figure out how your would swap out the buffer tube, because the stock attaches to it at the rear, ad carbie length buffer tubes do not have a hole back there..

but how do they attach those shorty A2 stocks? that may be the solution to the buffer tube issue...

and the lover support, i would agree with the above poster, it would be a cut and weld, or duplicate however it is attached to the rear of the reciever, all are going to be difficult to do..

would the LOP be any better if you just removed the recoil pad?
thebrassnuckles

Postby KY_Mike » Tue May 18, 2010 1:32 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:but how do they attach those shorty A2 stocks? that may be the solution to the buffer tube issue...

IIRC, they use a carbine-length rifle buffer tube... same as the Magpul UBR.
KY_Mike

Postby talonxracer » Wed May 19, 2010 5:42 pm

ACE has a carbine length buffer tube for 19$ that will solve the buffer tube issue.

It looks like the lower tube from the butt to the receiver is pressed in at both ends and a roll pin keeps it in place.

I suppose I will get off my lazy arse in the morning and pop the stock off and check out how tight the press fit of the tube is.

There is a very EASY way to install and remove the foam WITHOUT any goop, hairspray or wd40 with just simple compressed air. Just like installing motorcycle grips.
talonxracer

Return to AR15 Style Rifles