My shoulder hurts

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: My shoulder hurts

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 am

Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 am

OUCH.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 am

ouch! a .577 touched of as a double... my shoulder hurts watching that. :shock:

my dad has a double barrel 10 gauge. he's admitted to touching off both barrels once. while duck hunting and it almost put him on his keister because of how he was standing - on a downslope, right foot high and tracking right to left. said it spun him around and made him take a knee. I've never gotten both barrels at once out of anything... but when we were kids - i wanna say i was 11 or 12 at the time - my cousin whos a few months younger than me asked to shoot my dad's 10 gauge. no biggie, we'd both been playing with the 12's for about a year or more by that point - i've been shooting a 30-06 since i was 10 - sure as sh!t he touches off both barrels with a 3½" goose load in the tubes. Put him square on his rear end and bruised up his shoulder but good :lol: thankfully it didnt ruin him on guns, cuz he's my main shooting buddy these days :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:45 am

I'm the semi skinny fella to the rescue........................and it was my gun.

lesson learned, one shell at a time for newbies here on out.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am

Al in Mi wrote:I'm the semi skinny fella to the rescue........................and it was my gun.

lesson learned, one shell at a time for newbies here on out.

Made a similar but less severe mistake on a double barrel, double trigger 10ga (just once). ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby RobH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:10 pm

I recently finished my 450B build and have also started throwing lead down range. My eyes aren't what they used to be so I went straight to a Vortex 3-9 x 40 Crossfire II. That said, I started my zeroing at 25 yds just to get on paper and worked my way back. 50 yds yielded a nice 3/4" grouping so I pushed back to 100 yds. My grouping opened up to about 4.5" but I attribute that to some high winds that were building through out the day. Still working on getting out to 200yds. My advice, ditch the iron sights and get a quality scope (Votex/Redfield/Nikon) that fits your budget. You will spend less time working the bruise out of your shoulder and saving money on ammo expended. Perhaps use a laser boresighter after you purchase a scope. I hear the 45-70 Govt works well.
RobH

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles