450 BM Magazine Failure

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 BM Magazine Failure

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:When looking for a Sig mag, what do I look for/ Ask for?
Is there a link to a sample for sale? I don't know exactly what I'm
looking for here.

IIRC they come in a box. Sig Sauer brand polymer mags that were designed for the Sig Sauer 556/552 rifle.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Doxadude » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Academy has them for 29 bucks a pair. They are in a box that is white and blue, hanging on a rack in the same area they have other mags, choke tubes , slings and such. I just now ran 40 rounds through one of mine 5 rounds at a time and I never had a single hiccup...

DON'T BUY THEM FROM THIS LINK!!! They are asking way too much for them... but it has a pic of the box they come in.
http://www.gundealeronline.com/Sig-556-2-Pack-Factory-Polymer-30-Rnd-AR-15-Mags-p/sig556mags.htm
Doxadude

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:When looking for a Sig mag, what do I look for/ Ask for?
Is there a link to a sample for sale? I don't know exactly what I'm
looking for here.

You want the "Sig 556" (which is the Sig AR15 rifle name) magazines..

here is a link to the ones on top gun supply

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-a ... e-set.html

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby MCMCorp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 pm

i just got a factory 9rd mad with the black follower. tested it out and part of the follower broke. has anyone had this problem? i plan on calling bushmaster tomorrow.
MCMCorp

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am

MCMCorp wrote:i just got a factory 9rd mad with the black follower. tested it out and part of the follower broke. has anyone had this problem? i plan on calling bushmaster tomorrow.

...and you sure it's the follower and not one of the two poorly spot-welded pressure tabs located on either side beneath the lips, mentioned on page 1 of this thread? Not that it matters. Broke is broke. Bushmaster warranties them as part of the rifle warranty. Replacement time may be an issue as they are in the process of moving everything from Maine to New York.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby MCMCorp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 pm

yeah its not those, it is the follower. if you look at it form the top it looks like the part that keeps the follower from tilting forward.
MCMCorp

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles