ISSUES first time out...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: ISSUES first time..Youtube!

Postby gunnut » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 pm

How about how to push a 45cal. 230gr fmj to 3000fps?......or!
Reloading the 450B using the 284 case..... Noting the larger primer and maybe your side crimp!
gunnut

Re: ISSUES first time out...

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Does this happen when shooting factory ammo? Did you fix the problem?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

:) THANKS guys... going again this weekend. :? Got coons in the corn feeders!!! :x Prolly won't need paper to shoot at this weekend :roll:

:? Don't worry :D they'll eat real good in a "sauce piquante" or smoked over some corn cobs and smothered in a Gumbo :mrgreen:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::) Got coons in the corn feeders!!! :x Prolly won't need paper to shoot at this weekend :roll:

:? Don't worry :D they'll eat real good in a "sauce piquante" or smoked over some corn cobs and smothered in a Gumbo :mrgreen:

HaHa! I stumbled onto 3 last night. Almost looked like I was using Barnes Varmint Grenades. I forgot how badly those critters stink.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby talonxracer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:38 am

I had similar experiences my first time out with my new 450 upper. I was in such a hurry that I didnt do my usual prep for a new upper. So once back at the house I applied a slurry of JB paste and machine oil to the bolt lugs/carrier and receiver rails and cycled the gun by hand for 50 strokes and then hand rubbed the bottom of the bolt. Disassemble and thoroughly, completely cleaned and she was simply silk smooth and with no malfunctions of any kind.
talonxracer

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 am

:) Good news to report... shot another box of Hornady 250 flextips. No feeding issues (forward assists) this time. Every round fed & fired great. All groups were MOA and I finally got to chony them. The 20" barrel produced velocities from 2245 to 2285fps for the 20rds; with some brass rolling out the action and some thrown 6-8ft :| This gun is going to wind up being my favorite shooter ;)

:? The only problem still :oops: NO bolt lock on the last round fired! :? I pull the charge handle back and it locks in place, then I dump the empty mag! :roll:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles