New Upper

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

New Upper

Postby ebg3 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:17 am

Just got a new 16" upper Friday and put a carbine together. I put a Hahn scout rail with a Trijicon 1.25-4X Accupoint scope on it and went out yesterday to sight in. Using 250gr Hornady ammo, I sighted it 2.5" high at 100yds in only three shots(that's great considering the cost of ammo). I had a pepper popper set up at 500yards and it took three shots to hit it and knock it over. I had to hold about 10' over it and a little to the left but walked the shots in. It seems to be fairly accurate in that the rounds were horizontally consistant I just wasn't sure about the drop. I look forward to reloading and shooting this gun a lot.

Eddie
ebg3

Re: New Upper

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Welcome aboard! :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Re: New Upper

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:01 am

ebg3 wrote:Just got a new 16" upper Friday and put a carbine together. I put a Hahn scout rail with a Trijicon 1.25-4X Accupoint scope on it and went out yesterday to sight in. Using 250gr Hornady ammo, I sighted it 2.5" high at 100yds in only three shots(that's great considering the cost of ammo). I had a pepper popper set up at 500yards and it took three shots to hit it and knock it over. I had to hold about 10' over it and a little to the left but walked the shots in. It seems to be fairly accurate in that the rounds were horizontally consistant I just wasn't sure about the drop. I look forward to reloading and shooting this gun a lot.

Eddie

Great to have you, and way to go on the 500yd shooting. Seems like the Nay-Sayers, on the other boards, are going to have to take a back seat again. Funny thing, if you don't look at the paper figures, for our bullet at that range, and go with Real-World Experience, there are enough Ju/Ju Beans left in our ballistics, to decide any real issue..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to AR15 Style Rifles