Off to the woods.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Off to the woods.

Postby round 2 it » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Hello to all, been reading up on the 450 b here, I get to go try mine this w/e. I couldn't find ammo here so I got 4 boxes from midway, should be a good start on a brass stockpile for when I get around to getting dyes so I can reload. I got the upper from midway a couple of weeks ago, just to busy to shoot it. Hopefully I will have more to post Monday. I put a EOTech holographic sight on it, want it to be my night time hog gun. I'm off to the woods.
round 2 it

Re: Off to the woods.

Postby Hoot » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome aboard and good luck this weekend. No hogs up here, so no hog season. Waiting for early November with bated breath.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm

round 2 it wrote:Hello to all, been reading up on the 450 b here, I get to go try mine this w/e. I couldn't find ammo here so I got 4 boxes from midway, should be a good start on a brass stockpile for when I get around to getting dyes so I can reload. I got the upper from midway a couple of weeks ago, just to busy to shoot it. Hopefully I will have more to post Monday. I put a EOTech holographic sight on it, want it to be my night time hog gun. I'm off to the woods.

Welcome to the condition. :D

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby bushmeister » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Welcome,... and please report your results. I've been considering one of those laser genetics to work on yotes at night here.
bushmeister

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:52 pm

bushmeister wrote:I've been considering one of those laser genetics to work on yotes at night here.

Me too! Really been looking hard at the ND3X50. Supposedly the yotes cant see the beam. Also could pull double duty as an emergency bush/hunting signaling device.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby round 2 it » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:05 pm

I fired 12 rounds sunday morning, 5 at 20 yards, 6 at 100 yards and then the last at 20 yards. Most of my hog hunting is at nite, and shots are 40 yards or less generally. Anyways the last 4 at 100 yards were exceptional. 3 touching and 1 about an inch to the left. I'll post a picture of the target when I can get to the scanner. I thought the recoil was tolerable and the accuracy from the factory ammo exceptional. I really like this set up.
round 2 it

Postby round 2 it » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am

here is the target, I lost a hole , I thought the prepunched hole in the center was the fourth shot, now I don't know where it went since I destroyed the evidence.
round 2 it

Return to AR15 Style Rifles