My 450 build

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: My 450 build

Postby Siringo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 am

Use blue (removable) loctite. My muzzle brake loosened all the time, so the used blue loctite. Not a problem in getting it off. Little heat from a propane torch and off she come.
Siringo

Postby Siringo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 am

I think the videos are great! Nice build!
Siringo

Postby hawcer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:20 am

last night was our monthly meeting at the gun club...I was hoping to have the time to at least sight this in. I started pouring buckets of rain on my way there so I didn't get any shooting in before the meeting started. Luckily it was a short meeting and the rain had stopped...and enough daylight left to take a few shots.

I waisted one bullet shooting at a 100 yard target...missed the target and couldn't tell what hole in the board was mine. I started over on the 50 yard target ...it took two sighters to get in the middle. Back to the 100yrd target...two more sighters to get it where I was happy. I only brought the bare minimums with me and a fiend was supposed to bring his rifle rest, but forgot it...so i was using a small tool box as a rest.

Since I wasn't having any issues with the rifle feeding and ejecting it in single shot mode. I went ahead and loaded 5 more rounds in a Charles Daly 20 rnd mag to see how she'd do.

The 450 worked just fine with the cheap magazine and all the brass landed reasonably close to the same area. Here is a pic of the that 5 shot group.

I think I love this rifle! I can't wait until I have more time...so I can take my time and really enjoy it.

Edit: The recoil isn't all that bad and very manageable. But I did find myself starting to flinch as I anticipated the shot...my well broke in trigger on my 223 AR kinda sneaks up on ya , so the shot is always a surprise...no time to anticipate anything. This is something I will definitely have to work on. The trigger pull is a bit heavy and a little work in that area would help for sure...but that is still no excuse for the flinching. At least I caught myself and was able to relax and just let it happen.
Last edited by hawcer on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawcer

Postby Hoot » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:25 am

Dayam Dead Eye! Image

Hoot ;)
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles