2 problems

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

2 problems

Postby hickman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Took my .450B out for her first dance on Sunday. Only got to put 15 rounds through it due to time constraints though. I did have a few problems and was wondering if anyone else had dealt with these already?

1) Stovepipe. 4 of the 15 shots stovepiped on me. Chewed the brass all up. It was seemingly random - not the first or last round in the clip, but usually in the middle rounds.

2) Clip ejection. 3 times the clip ejected itself. The clip goes in nice and tight and you can't pull it out, but somehow it got loose those three times. I do have a bullet button on it since I live in the Republic of California, but I can't see why that would make a difference.

Any suggestions?
hickman

Re: 2 problems

Postby MudBug » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:27 pm

1.) I'm betting it's "New Rifle Syndrome". Run it wet the next time you shoot it and for the first 100 rounds or so till it breaks in.

2.) Just check to make sure the mag catch is screwed down enough that it's fully inside the notch. I have not heard of this happeneing before, but this gun packs a wallop and I guess that if the bullet button thing is not screwed down enough the mag catch could be kinda lazy. (I can't think of a good way to describe what I'm thinking, I hope this makes sense)
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 am

MudBug wrote:1.) I'm betting it's "New Rifle Syndrome". Run it wet the next time you shoot it and for the first 100 rounds or so till it breaks in.

2.) Just check to make sure the mag catch is screwed down enough that it's fully inside the notch. I have not heard of this happeneing before, but this gun packs a wallop and I guess that if the bullet button thing is not screwed down enough the mag catch could be kinda lazy. (I can't think of a good way to describe what I'm thinking, I hope this makes sense)

Bugger Man has got it again... LUBE, LUBE,LUBE..This is common for a new AR, they must be lubed, lubed well, and lubed properly AND every brand of new gun needs the packing Packing/Preservation lubs clean off before shooting, in other words, clean the weapon and the lub it and try her again. For more help on these ideas see the url's below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIsKEHo-4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSpBJSgCvqg
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby hickman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:23 am

thank you thank you thank you mudbug and wildcatter. I probably won't make it back out to the range for a while but I appreciate all the help.
hickman

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

:) GREAT advice... worked for me too ;) you just can't beat experience and wisdom when it comes to troubleshooting :D and you can certainly find much help here. These guys are good 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Return to AR15 Style Rifles