Did my .450B kill my Leupold?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Did my .450B kill my Leupold?

Postby coyote wacker » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am

I used Leupold scope exclusively for over 3 decades, about 15 years ago got into big bore rifles. Thats when I started sending a couple Leupold's back a year for service. I've had a 2x7 that lasted 2 shots on a 12 ga. slug gun and a bunch more under 100 rounds. 6 years ago sent 6 scopes back because they would not hold zero. Leupold rep called me and offered to replace all scope with there top of the line free, I took them up on the offer. I had been trying out some Nikon Monark scopes and a couple had several 1000 round from some heavy kickers and were still going great, most Leupolds would have failed with that many rounds. When the the new Leupolds arrived sold them and every Leupold I had, now all my rifles are topped with Nikons.

I have yet to have one fail.
coyote wacker

Postby Hoot » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 pm

coyote wacker wrote:I used Leupold scope exclusively for over 3 decades, about 15 years ago got into big bore rifles. Thats when I started sending a couple Leupold's back a year for service. I've had a 2x7 that lasted 2 shots on a 12 ga. slug gun and a bunch more under 100 rounds. 6 years ago sent 6 scopes back because they would not hold zero. Leupold rep called me and offered to replace all scope with there top of the line free, I took them up on the offer. I had been trying out some Nikon Monark scopes and a couple had several 1000 round from some heavy kickers and were still going great, most Leupolds would have failed with that many rounds. When the the new Leupolds arrived sold them and every Leupold I had, now all my rifles are topped with Nikons.

I have yet to have one fail.

Same experience with Nikon Monarchs. I use a 6-24x50 on my 450b for load testing, at least for the last 500-600 rounds and a 4-16x50 for hunting. Actually have 2) of the 6-24x50. Other one gets swapped about for load testing on other rifles. Lastly is a 3-9x42 for hunting. All four have survived life aboard different platforms, including a Westernfield (Mossberg) 550 with rifled slug barrel. Didn't keep that one very long though. Insufferable recoil with 2 3/4 foster slugs. :o

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Hubcap500 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:56 pm

I quit doing R&D for Nikon red dots after the 3rd fell apart on a S&W 500. They claimed it was built for it, but see Hoot's tagline.
Hubcap500

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles