*Hello to all our new members*

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby jerdebson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 am

Hello to all, I have been watching the 450 for some time now and may add one, (laughing to myself "one",) to my AR family. I have a couple of .556s and 6.8x43s so why not? I will lurk and absorb for a while and post when I have a question or comment. Thanks for being there for us. Jerry
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby jerdebson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello all, I have been looking into the 450B for some time and think it might look good right next to my 5.56s and 6.8x43s. I will lurk in the background and learn for a while and ask if I have a question. This site is/has been a wealth of info to me for some time while deciding if I want to setup another caliber or not. I am pricing and seeing which parts or complete uppers give the best bang for the buck and which "options" to look for. Any thoughts appreciated. TIA
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby lungingturtle2 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 am

Welcome to the forum, If you go to the market section of this forum you will find a post on walsh gun shop also look for posts by tigerfan (owner) if you buy a .450 bushmaster you will get THE biggest bang for your buck.
lungingturtle2

Postby jerdebson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

lungingturtle2 wrote:Welcome to the forum, If you go to the market section of this forum you will find a post on walsh gun shop also look for posts by tigerfan (owner) if you buy a .450 bushmaster you will get THE biggest bang for your buck.

Thanks for the welcome, I had already found him there and he has a good price. We are now deciding which barrel, I have a 20" target 5.56, a 16" for near range, both of our 6.8x43s are 18" and my partner in crime has two 16" carbines in 5.56. I'm not sure which I would like better. Short is faster (and noiser) and longer is less "handy" in close places, but most of my 450b would for fun anyway. Thoughts?
Last edited by jerdebson on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 am

Dittos to the above about Walsh Gun Shop, and also welcome to the asylum! You should also check out Trident Armory, if you want a custom build. There's a huge amount of info about the 450b on this site, just cruise through the topics or use the search, or both...you'll definitely learn something here at "Thumper University". The 450b will make your other rifles feel very lonely... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 pm

jerdebson wrote:
lungingturtle2 wrote:Welcome to the forum, If you go to the market section of this forum you will find a post on walsh gun shop also look for posts by tigerfan (owner) if you buy a .450 bushmaster you will get THE biggest bang for your buck.

Thanks for the welcome, I had already found him there and he has a good price. We are now deciding which barrel, I have a 20" target 5.56, a 16" for near range, both of our 6.8x43s are 18" and my partner in crime has two 16" carbines in 5.56. I'm not sure which I would like better. Short is faster (and noiser) and longer is less "handy" in close places, but most of my 450b would for fun anyway. Thoughts?

[quote="commander faschisto"]Dittos to the above about Walsh Gun Shop, and also welcome to the asylum! You should also check out Trident Armory, if you want a custom build. There's a huge amount of info about the 450b on this site, just cruise through the topics or use the search, or both...you'll definitely learn something here at "Thumper University". The 450b will make your other rifles feel very lonely... :)[/quote]

I'll tell ya what I think.."You'd better stay away from Commander Fast & Furious, between him and the Dawg, they steal all of my S'mores !!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 pm

WC, ya gotta lay off those 14-hour days at the lab...while the cat is away, the mice will go for the S'mores! ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 pm

-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby jerdebson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 pm

wildcatter wrote:
jerdebson wrote:

[quote="commander faschisto"]Dittos to the above about Walsh Gun Shop, and also welcome to the asylum! You should also check out Trident Armory, if you want a custom build. There's a huge amount of info about the 450b on this site, just cruise through the topics or use the search, or both...you'll definitely learn something here at "Thumper University". The 450b will make your other rifles feel very lonely... :)

I'll tell ya what I think.."You'd better stay away from Commander Fast & Furious, between him and the Dawg, they steal all of my S'mores !!

..t[/quote]

I sort of thought this was a rough crowd, but if WC said it, it must be so. :)

My thinking, I am leaning toward a Bushmaster 20" upper, at this time. :D
Jerry

Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 pm

I love my 20". Wouldn't trade it for anything.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles