Nice group today

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Nice group today

Postby ENCORE » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:34 pm

I hadn't shot the Ultimate Firearms Inc. "Game Breaker" in awhile. Either it was to hot to even be outside or, it was to hot and to humid, including rain. I had someone help with reloading information for this .450 Bushmaster and loaded up a box. I used Federal 205 primers, 37.9grs LilGun and Hornady 250gr FTX bullets.
A little cooler with slightly less humidity this morning, so I tried my reloads. This rifle can shoot!

Range: 150 yards.

ENCORE

Re: Nice group today

Postby pitted bore » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:44 pm

ENCORE wrote: ... I tried my reloads. This rifle can shoot! Range: 150 yards.

ENCORE-
Not only can the rifle shoot, it appears that the nut attached to the recoil pad is capable also of performing more than adequately.

in the bolt action rifle picture thread you wrote:
ENCORE wrote:New to the board, wanting to learn..........

I may show up on your doorstep, seeking lessons from yourself.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby Hoot » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Fine Shooting George! Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby ENCORE » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Thank you.

I just haven't reloaded brass in decades, but sure glad I kept my loader. This rifle is fun to shoot with no recoil. I have a guy that's helping me adjust my dies and loading practices and I'm very grateful for that.
ENCORE

Postby Kiwi Greg » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:46 am

Very nice group 8-)

Well done that man :D
Kiwi Greg

Postby ENCORE » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:14 pm

It worked..........

ENCORE

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Details we need details!!!
Al in Mi

Postby ENCORE » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Al in Mi wrote:Details we need details!!!

Not much to it. Work took a heavy, real heavy, toll on my hearing and I wear hearing aids. Fortunately I have a very good adjustable set for not only volume, but different frequencies. I had them adjusted so I could hear if there was any racket in the dry leaves while hunting inside our woods. Some of the lumber was removed years ago, so in places it grew up pretty thick. A few years back I had a buddy make me three shooting lanes, not cleared, just opened enough to shoot through. Worked out well.

I never go near the area after October 1st and always sneak in at least an hour before the sky starts to lighten in the east. As it got light, I heard running in the leaves and before I could get the rifle out the window, a few does and this buck had already passed through the shooting lane. However, he stopped inside the thicket. ;) I had a small opening, maybe 8" through the thicket and could see his shoulder. The rifle barked and he made it maybe 30yds and piled up. I waited about 20 minutes and walked down to where he was standing at the shot. I will say this much, I've never used the FTX bullet, but DANG! There was blood at the POI and head high in the trees. From POI to where the buck fell, it was like you used a bucket. Typical entrance, with about a 1.5" exit. You can just see the exit hole in the photo.
ENCORE

Postby Cutright » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:08 am

I talked to the guy at Outdoorama, he lives by me and I've talked to him years ago about his ML. He does make a beautiful rifle! I'm a bit skeptical about his 500 yard plus kills with it, but he does seem to know his stuff! I've never met a guy that has his guns and not like them. I found it odd that he preferred the .450BM to the .460SW. He says he can get more out of the .460
Cutright

Postby ENCORE » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Cutright wrote:I talked to the guy at Outdoorama, he lives by me and I've talked to him years ago about his ML. He does make a beautiful rifle! I'm a bit skeptical about his 500 yard plus kills with it, but he does seem to know his stuff! I've never met a guy that has his guns and not like them. I found it odd that he preferred the .450BM to the .460SW. He says he can get more out of the .460

His muzzleloaders are exceptionally accurate and at long range. There's a number of long range harvests on the FB site.

My first attempt at 500yds with my BP Xpress. Although not centered, the target was witnessed and signed.

ENCORE

Return to Bolt Action Rifles