Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

Postby audiobyneil » Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Apache Gun Works-Fail…..
This is my first post to 450 Bushmaster.net.
I am not a young man, A long time shooter and compete in a variety of local events and of course reload a number of different calibers.
My story…….
I ordered a barrel from Jim at Apache Gun Works in 450 BM for a Rem 700 (Remage).
My emails documented the order and talked about barrel nut and threading (11/16-24).
He sent a quote and I accepted and paid in full in advance. It was after the payment that the communication became spotty with no responses for long periods of time.
When the barrel finally arrived it was not threaded and there was no barrel nut!
Jim’s response was “ I don’t do barrel nuts”. Send it back and I’ll thread it.
The entire experience was horrible. Jim and Apache Gun Works is off my list!
My time and money were wasted, His flippant attitude was unwelcome.
I will never recommend him to anyone. STAY AWAY!
In the interest of full disclosure he offered a refund. Not good enough after wasting so much of my time, being treated poorly and him playing loose with the truth.
“End”
audiobyneil

Re: Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

Postby Gunny51 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks for posting your experience. They were on my list to consider for a new build.
Gunny51

Postby Al in Mi » Thu May 26, 2016 5:22 am

Dunno, sorry to hear of your experience, but I've had 6 barrels of various calibers and profiles from Jim with #7 and 8 looming in the shadows, never had a hiccup with what was ordered.

Pretty sure he's a one man show, so can understand the spotty emails. (mine would take 3 or so days on a reply and usually 11pm) Missing of a feature........... we're all human and have AARP moments (which trust me, I lead the pack there :o ), good to see he'd make it right.

McGowen I know makes a Remage nut, there are probably others, but theirs is the only one I've seen in person.

btw, welcome aboard ;)
Al in Mi

Postby 18 modlite » Fri May 27, 2016 12:11 pm

I bought one off ebay from them no nut job tho ,it is amazing accurate ,bluing job would be my only gripe if I had one.I will get another in ss some day.chamber and crown impeccable.
18 modlite

Postby 18 modlite » Fri May 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Oh forgot I hate brakes,had a young coworker come over and shoot it 2 shots one hole third half inch above .he took a video of his 24 year old fiance shooting it,,,, had a funny expression on her face first shot 2 more down range big smile 120 lb girl.
18 modlite

Postby tdiddy123 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:52 am

I've had terrible experience with him myself. Had a barrel done that took excessive amount of time but surprisingly turned out very well. He didn't return my custom reamer and took me several months of communication to get it back. I've been waiting for another barrel for it seems a year and he has not returned any emails regarding its status. In the meantime I have found Ragged holes barrels in Nevada that has done 3 barrels I was going to give Jim with turnaround in less than 6 weeks including having to order the wildcat reamer. My business has shifted west and won't return to Louisiana. I just hope I get my last barrel that has been paid for.
tdiddy123

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:55 am

tdiddy123 wrote:I've had terrible experience with him myself. Had a barrel done that took excessive amount of time but surprisingly turned out very well. He didn't return my custom reamer and took me several months of communication to get it back. I've been waiting for another barrel for it seems a year and he has not returned any emails regarding its status. In the meantime I have found Ragged holes barrels in Nevada that has done 3 barrels I was going to give Jim with turnaround in less than 6 weeks including having to order the wildcat reamer. My business has shifted west and won't return to Louisiana. I just hope I get my last barrel that has been paid for.

Have a link for them?
Al in Mi

Postby tdiddy123 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 am

https://raggedholebarrels.net
Guy is pretty good and very responsive. We traded cell numbers and he texts regularly to give me updates.
tdiddy123

Postby tdiddy123 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 am

Still no barrel and still no response to emails. Will not do business there again. Don't make mistake and prepay for barrels you may never get!
tdiddy123

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 am

have a buddy in the same boat as you on a 338 savage barrel since July and I've even tried to contact him via a couple other channels with no response.

I feel bad for both of you, as my experiences were almost perfect, but have to agree now unfortunately.
Al in Mi

Next

Return to Bolt Action Rifles