Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

Postby Thom28 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Found this posted on "Michigan Sportsman" forum:

"First of all I want to thank everyone for your continued patience with me.

I feel I owe you an explanation of what's going on and why it's taking so long to fill some of your orders.

This has been one heck of a year for me. Long story made short - My business grew way too fast and I buried myself in work. Tried hiring help.....that didn't work out at all...in fact it made things much worse. Messed up and lost orders are still plaguing me a little.

Drop me an email if you need to concerning this.....please be patient though, I'm still answering emails very slowly so that I can put as much time into the lathe as possible.

I am getting caught up though and will NEVER make that mistake again once I do get caught up. This will be a one man show from now on. No more trying to find help.....no more trying to grow this business into something that I don't enjoy anymore.

Once I do get caught up, I will once again open and take new orders. But I will only be taking a FEW at a time. Never again am I going to bury myself as I have this past year trying to grow my business. I began this journey as a way to make some money and help the average working man to afford a true custom built barrel. I strayed away from that idea and tried to grow my business to accommodate more people and make more money - which means more orders/work. More people to do the work.....and that's where I'll leave that part.

It was a mistake that I now regret. I will return to what worked for me in the beginning. When I do get completely caught up, unfortunately it means many will not be able to get in on the orders when they do open. The spots fill very quickly once I open orders. But it's also the only way I can control turn around times and keep them reasonable. I'm sorry that has to happen that way. I know of no way around it. Trying to "fix" that is what got me into trouble in the first place.

This old rule is true: "If it ain't broke - don't fix it"

So that you know, I anticipate getting caught up with the orders that I can readily get blanks for in a couple of months if I can keep this same pace I'm on right now. There are some blanks that I've been waiting on for quite sometime and I can't do anything about it. I have to wait until the blank gets here before I can do the work.

I will continue to answer emails rather sparingly until I can get everything back the way it started.......then I will once again return to what worked in the beginning for me.

Thank you for your understanding and support!!!"
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Re: Terrible Apache Gun Works Experience!

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:13 pm

same as what was on his site last time I looked.

Bud was going to see if Paypal would help seeing that's how he paid for it.

also see he has some stuff on Ebay, but doesn't answer the messages I inquired about.

Just disappointing to hear stuff like this from what I thought was a reputable man.
Al in Mi

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles