New Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster.

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster.

Postby Hoot » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 am

commander faschisto wrote:...snip...
Hey Hoot: Re that cartoon you posted...I hope you don't think that's a bad thing!? ;)

No, it was in response to Ruger allegedly forecasting all their attention to manufacturing AR platforms after the election because somehow, the government once again is going to be coming after peoples ARs. Many opposition pundits predict that if elected, the Clinton presidency will be no more than a third Obama term of office. Considering how well AR manufacturers have done by him in his two terms, that should be great news for them. Depends if the consumers stampede once again when they hear the snakes rattle.

I believe in a democratic principled government where 51% call the tune for the other 49%, even if I'm on the short side of that equation. I first voted in 72 and we've suffered through all kinds of "lesser of two evils" presidents over the years. Their inability to break us so far gives testimony to the fact that they are still at the mercy of congress. I don't count on the Supreme Court anymore, ever since the Citizens United decision spawned a new set of destinations for dark money. One of many bad decisions over those 44 years. They're esoteric. The world isn't. -nuff said-

Life goes on despite our best efforts. ;)

PS: I'm sorry if my attempt at some levity put a damper on this thread.
On a bright note. I meet with my doctor in 10 days to discuss my left hip replacement surgery. Given how well my out of shape, overweight, living vicariously through the television, 84 yr old dad has fared with his replacement last month, I have high hopes of regaining my mobility and getting back out on the range in 2017. I have an almost overwhelming amount of experiments to pursue and am very frustrated this year. It's heartening to see so many enthusiasts who are enthralled with the bolt action version of this AR caliber and look forward to reading more about their exploits.

Hoot (aka "Festus" at work)
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:46 am

Yeah...I was just pulling your chain a little bit... :)

Glad to hear it looks good on your personal mobility improvement plans! We need our Hootster back on the rails...

Back on the topic: Looks like the 450b is a tack-driver in its bolt-gun incarnation too...a 2" group at 300 yards from a 16" barrel is rather a good result! WildCatter obviously found some kind of magic formula for this round...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Siringo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:01 pm

I just found out about these today! Sure hope Ruger sees the light. With states allowing the use of straight wall cartridges in shotgun zones --- this would be a huge seller.

Hauling around the AR in the brush is getting tiresome at my age. I'm in for an American.
Siringo

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Dittos on Ruger seeing the light with the 450b...they could sell a boatload of them in lots of places like you mentioned. There are $$$ out there to be made, Ruger dudes!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Zkovach » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Here's the latest email I got from Randy's

First of all I truly want to thank all of you for your interest in this new Ruger American rifle in 450 Bushmaster. Unfortunately we have created a demand for this rifle that is upsetting Ruger’s manufacturing schedule and we are not sure just when Ruger will have the production time available on the line for more of these rifles. When I started this venture Ruger was polite enough to make the first 500 guns, what they thought might be the only run of this caliber. Then the second run of 500 rifles and all the prototypes plus test guns that were available were sold by Randy’s Hunting Center in less than a day. We are now trying to get some build timelines and have been told by Ruger this gun has nationally made such a sensation that they just were not expecting to have to devote the production time that you (our customers) have demanded for the 450 Bushmaster Ruger American Rifle. The good news is Ruger will be scheduling much more production time to this caliber in the near future. Please be patient and we will let everyone know via e-mails and Facebook as we get further production updates and we do still hope for most of you to get your rifle yet this year.

The original guns had a blued 16" threaded barrel and tan stock at $529.95. The second model had a 22" barrel with a black stock at $499.95. We have scheduled Ruger to make 100 Left Hand models with the 22” black stock for the same $499.95. The muzzle brake by MAG-NA-PORT designed for the 16" threaded barrel is $150.00 and for the 22" model MAG-NA-PORT have to thread the barrel and install the brake which will cost $229.00. You will need to contact MAG-NA PORT directly for this option at 586-469-6727 or at magnaport.com
The recoil is less than a 20 ga. without the brake and with the brake it knocks the recoil down to roughly a 410.

We have had stainless models of this gun on order since the conception of the rifle and are aware of the interest in the stainless steel barrel versions however we were warned early on that Ruger just did not have the stainless blanks available for ANY to be built this year. We are hoping we will have delivery of those stainless models later in 2017, depending on Rugers production schedule.

The scope we teamed up with Leupold on is the VX2 CDS (Custom Dial System) 3x9x40 priced at $319.95. We had Leupold make a dial that has a dead stop at 100 yards. Zero the gun at 100 yards then just dial the single crosshair up to the engraved number on the cap for 150, 200, 250 and 300 yards. It is just that simple, range, turn the dial to the range and shoot dead on! No more estimating holdover.

Now I will admit I cheated on the TV show and used a leupold VX6 (which I believe to be the very best optic model ever built) with fine duplex reticle 3x18x50 that actually allowed me to see the bullet holes in the paper at 300 yards and helped me show everyone just how accurate the rifles are, although the cost of these scopes are in excess of $1000.00

We do have ammo in stock at $31.95.

We hope this answers most of your questions, we are extremely sorry about the volume of calls and e-mails that we have not been able to handle but we are working around the clock to try to have rifles available to you as soon as possible.
THANK YOU!

Randy's Hunting Center Inc.
721 E. Huron Ave.
Bad Axe, MI 48413
Phone (989)269-4867
Fax (989)269-2157
Zkovach

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:49 am

probably wouldn't hurt to drop Ruger a email on them too, might help boost things along.
Al in Mi

Postby Siringo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:05 am

AND I received this from Ruger today:

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 11/29/2016
Request No: 364131

Comment / question:

Noted that Ruger made a custom batch of American Ranch Rifles in 450 Bushmaster for a Shop in MI. I own an AR, but would jump at the chance to have the chambering in your American Ranch. I am putting in my vote!!!!

Response:
Unfortunately, this model was only produced for a limited run as an exclusive. We have no further information available at this time. Please keep checking our website for new models and availability. Thank you for your interest in the Ruger Product.
Siringo

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Wildcatter's brainchild strikes again! It never ceases to amaze me when we hear of yet another person/shop/manufacturer who discovers that the 450b is a round to be reckoned with, no matter what platform it is built in...this could get interesting with Ruger seeing the light (or, more correctly, seeing the $$$)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I wouldn't think it be too much for Savage to make a run either.
Al in Mi

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 pm

To quote Homer Simpson: "Mmmmm....Savage!"

Mossberg?
Marlin?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles