New Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster.

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b Bolt Action Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:18 am

Thom28 wrote:
bullnose wrote:
FDE wrote: Stainless models are in the works but not available until next year.

I'm glad I fought the urge for now as I prefer stainless. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those!

Me too!

Ugh................not that I'm a stainless fan, but that's gonna about do me in too ;) 8-)

Been trying to talk my wanna be stepdaughter into a 16" for this year, but she's been a happy camper using my lil 410 ICBM. :shock:
Al in Mi

Re: New Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster.

Postby Can0n11 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:44 am

Shoots great. My daughter ended up taking over the sighting in once we hit the paper! She shot us out of rds!

kottke_35 wrote:Let us know how you like yours!

B.

Can0n11 wrote:I made the 3.5 hour trip up to Randy's on Saturday and picked up a nice 16" 450 Bushmaster. Nice friendly service. There were at least 4 of the same guns heading out the door behind me....
Attachments
IMG_3998.JPG
IMG_3998.JPG (91.58 KiB) Viewed 13924 times
Can0n11

Postby Thom28 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Can0n11,
That's a good looking "flame thrower" you have there. My S&W XVR has a similar muzzle flash.
Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Thom28 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Last Thursday on the TV show "Michigan Out-of-Doors" they did a segment with Randy Brown, owner of Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe. During the interview with him, he talked about how he got Ruger to make the Ruger American Rifle in 450 Bushmaster. He also demonstrated the accuracy of the rifle at 100, 200, and 300 yards.
My buddy had stopped over on Saturday and we got to talking about the rifle. We ended up calling Randy's to see if he had any of the rifles in stock. The salesman told my friend they had sold out on Friday and numerous buyers told them they had watched the show on Thursday and that is why they came and bought one.
They did say that they have another shipment of the rifles coming in toward the end of this coming week or the first of the following week. Same story on the Leopold scope for the 450.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby bullnose » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:59 pm

I called Randy's today and got on the wait list for a stainless rifle. They're projecting they'll be in sometime in January, but the election results could influence that quite a bit. Whoever I talked to said that if Hillary wins, Ruger plans to devote all their time in the foreseeable future to building ARs and semi auto pistols in anticipation of a sales surge just like with Obama. Bolt action guns will take a back seat for a while...
Never give the devil a ride, 'cuz pretty soon he'll want to drive.
bullnose

Postby FDE » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alaBXJncx0U
Thought some of you guys might be interested;
Here is the episode of Michigan Out Of Doors referenced above. Skip to the 16:00 minute mark for the 450 BM stuff.
Those groups at 300 make me want to try one of them scopes!
FDE

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

bullnose wrote:...snip... but the election results could influence that quite a bit. Whoever I talked to said that if Hillary wins, Ruger plans to devote all their time in the foreseeable future to building ARs and semi auto pistols in anticipation of a sales surge just like with Obama. Bolt action guns will take a back seat for a while...

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"... Thought we all could use a little levity with the dire direction things appear to be going. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:07 am

bullnose wrote:I called Randy's today and got on the wait list for a stainless rifle. They're projecting they'll be in sometime in January, but the election results could influence that quite a bit. Whoever I talked to said that if Hillary wins, Ruger plans to devote all their time in the foreseeable future to building ARs and semi auto pistols in anticipation of a sales surge just like with Obama. Bolt action guns will take a back seat for a while...

Bull, my offer still stands to you and anybody else who may venture up this way, heck by then I might be interested in one too.............!!
Al in Mi

Postby bullnose » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:34 pm

Al in Mi wrote: Bull, my offer still stands to you and anybody else who may venture up this way, heck by then I might be interested in one too.............!!

And I'll take you up on it when the time comes!

Bill
Never give the devil a ride, 'cuz pretty soon he'll want to drive.
bullnose

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:43 pm

I feel my checkbook starting to pucker up already...22" stainless, 1:16", black synthetic....wow. And I was "this close" to starting a new AR build with the same barrel specs.

I watched the video of the outdoors show, and they seem to have clocked Hornady factory ammo out of the 16" barrel at 2280 fps...probably illustrates the gas drain of the AR action. I'll be interested to see what the same ammo does out of the 22" barrels of the new bolt guns.

Hey Hoot: Re that cartoon you posted...I hope you don't think that's a bad thing!? ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles