Savage bolt action rifles being offered on Gunbroker

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Savage bolt action rifles being offered on Gunbroker

Postby Pig_Popper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:15 pm

I monitor GB on the regular , first time I've seen these being offered as New with 16 or 22" versions.

Kinda pricey $$$

Savage Axis
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/618096511

Or

Savage Model 12
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/618096751
Last edited by Pig_Popper on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Smell Bacon
Pig_Popper

Re: Savage Axis bolt action rifles being offered

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Very interesting...but the description does say "custom build"....might be the reason for the price tag, although Savage is not exactly bargain-priced in any case.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 pm

I could see those prices if they were built on the better Model 12 or Model 10 actions.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Pig_Popper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Hoot wrote:I could see those prices if they were built on the better Model 12 or Model 10 actions.

Hoot

Hoot -

I edited my post title and labeled the links they are selling a Model 12 version for a couple of hundred more.
I Smell Bacon
Pig_Popper

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, that would rock, definitely. Savage 10/12 rifles are amazing machines. Nothing against Ruger, mind, but Savage is on a whole different plane.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Savage bolt action rifles being offered on Gunbroker

Postby Jacko » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 am

In an ideal World Ruger should offer their .450 BM on their Predator Line for the more substantial Barrel. These Custom Savage Rifles have peaked my attention. I can not imagine that Ruger or Savage are not well aware of the volumes of these Custom Rifles being sold ??? I also wonder if Savage is quite content to sit back and sell their Action's/Rifles to the Custom Gunsmith's as they are selling Rifles without the setup and Tooling Cost's of a new Calibre.

Of late I have been been wondering if I would be better buying one of the Customs instead of the Ranch Rifle. I would commission my own except I am reasonably sure there is no Gunsmith's in Australia let alone Queensland with a Reamer.

regards Jacko
Jacko

Postby coyote wacker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:04 am

Jacko wrote:
Of late I have been been wondering if I would be better buying one of the Customs instead of the Ranch Rifle. I would commission my own except I am reasonably sure there is no Gunsmith's in Australia let alone Queensland with a Reamer.

regards Jacko

Don't know the procedures to import to Australia....you could have a barrel imported ?...wouldn't think it would be difficult to import a reamer from USA its a tool not a gun part....
coyote wacker

Postby Jacko » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:27 am

Your right coyote wacker, Reamer's, Headspace Gauges etc are no problem to Import. Your State Dept has very restrictive Policy on importing Barrel's, Gun Parts, etc. We have several excellent Barrel manufacturer's so I would not import one so Barrel, Reamer / Go, No Go / Barrel / Smithing = $1300+ so it's cheaper to buy a Factory Rifle.

regards Jacko
Jacko

Return to Bolt Action Rifles