New Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle in 450BM!

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle in 450BM!

Postby cwmoss1970 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 am

Al in Mi wrote:
cwmoss1970 wrote:Just got my Gunsite Scout in 450 Bushmaster. For those wondering about mags other than ones sold by Ruger, Pmags work, MDTTAC mags work, I am thinking any aics mag for 308 will work. I tried my pmag, a 5 rounder, got 4 in it and it cycled fine, now I was just filling the mag and chambering and ejecting live rounds, and also my MDT 10 round mag, got 7 in it, and it cycled fine. I will be going out to bust a few off this weekend. The trigger out of the box is great.

how far down does that 5rd Pmag hang?

About 3/4 inch below the bottom of the trigger guard.
cwmoss1970

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Ugh, I must resist, I must resist!!

Wonder if they sell the bottom metal seperate?

Think have a 77 action and pacnor blank collecting dust somewhere around here.
Al in Mi

Postby Draino » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:15 am

I believe PTG do a high quality one for the 77 with AI mags and CDI do as well. Heres mine:
Attachments
w.jpg
w.jpg (105.35 KiB) Viewed 16969 times
Draino

Postby tigersfan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am

Hello, if anyone is interested in purchasing a AR15 450 Bushmaster upper I have a big sale right now! We offer the Bushmaster 16" & 20" $495 both complete with 5rd mag, charging handle and bolt. I also have APF (Alex Pro Firearms) 16" $595 complete & 20" $695 also with 5rd mag, charging handle & bolt. This 20" barrel APF 450 upper is our Walsh Gun & Tackle store exclusive! APF is made in Alexandria,MN. The APF's feature a M-Lok rail,ER Shaw 416 Stainless Steel barrels,Nitrade finish, & factory APF brake. All the listed uppers are 1 in 24" twist. Currently everything is in stock & ready to ship out or pickup. http://www.walshgunandtackle.com/catalo ... ory=106926 if you would like to save 3% on your order send us a cashier's check or money order. I have sold many of the 450bushmaster.net users uppers over the years and have a good customer & friend wildcatter that will vouch for our customer service and speedy delivery! Thanks Scott. phone #1-989-856-4465 open 7 days 8-6pm eastern or check out our website walshgunandtackle.com
tigersfan

Postby Tripplebeards » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm

I’m a little late to the game but after 5 return repairs to Ruger with my American they are exchanging it for a scout for and a tittle cash to boot. I’m sure it’s 1 million times more quality of a gun. I was worried because the Scout has no bedding in the stock like the American. From the reviews I’ve seen the scout shoots just as tight and along with a controlled feed I’m sure it will feed blunt nose bullets a lot better. The American will only feed FTX bullets smoothly. I tried a couple different cast bullets and pistol tape jacketed bullets in it and I have to jam the bolt back in for 2 to 3 times to get the pistol bullet into the action. The tail end of the bullets keep dropping down into that extra space in the magazine causing the bullet to kick up to high and jam on top of the rear of the chamber. I’m hoping the controlled feed fixes the issue with the scout. Ruger just called me for payment and said it would take approximately two weeks to build me one and then they would send it out to my FFL holder.t
Tripplebeards

Postby Thom28 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:20 pm

You may want to pick up a couple of the Ruger polymer magazine for your new Scout. They work much better that the steel magazine that comes with the rifle.
I have both and will never go back to the steel magazine. Yes, my Scout is a 450BM.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Tripplebeards » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 am

Thom28 wrote:You may want to pick up a couple of the Ruger polymer magazine for your new Scout. They work much better that the steel magazine that comes with the rifle.
I have both and will never go back to the steel magazine. Yes, my Scout is a 450BM.

I would assume your referring to the P mags they sell as Ruger magazines? It’s about the only option I see on their website that’s polymer. If so I already have two 10 rounders for my A.R. 10 chambered in 243 I can try. It it possible to load the gun without taking the metal magazine out? I would assume your not having a feeding issues with metal mags but taking them in and out out the rifle? I can tell that you like the looks of the metal magazines better if you don’t want yours I’ll sure take it if you want to send it to me
Tripplebeards

Postby Thom28 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 am

This is magazine I was referring to.
http://shopruger.com/AI-Style-Precision ... nfo/90561/

I have no use for 10 round magazine and can't legally use it in Michigan for deer hunting anyway.

Keeping the steel one for use in the 308 Scout I have.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:30 am

Thom28 wrote:This is magazine I was referring to.
http://shopruger.com/AI-Style-Precision ... nfo/90561/

I have no use for 10 round magazine and can't legally use it in Michigan for deer hunting anyway.

Keeping the steel one for use in the 308 Scout I have.

Actually, the magazine limit is for semi auto guns here in Mi, bolt guns, pumps, there is no limit.
Al in Mi

Postby Tripplebeards » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 am

I probably have a good four or five American 450 bushmaster magazines. I’ll either have to pawn them off or try and trade them metal scout magazines. I just like the way the metal ones look better.
Tripplebeards

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles