How do you like your trigger

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

How do you like your trigger

Postby CJP1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm

I had a de-cock with my RAR while deer hunting this year. I must have pulled the safety blade back just enough to allow the trigger to be released. It went click instead of boom. I have had 4 Savage Accu-Triggers and never had that happen to me. I think the Huntsman trigger is a cheap imitation of the Accu-Trigger. Pulling the safety blade on a Savage is smooth and the Ruger is gritty feeling. That being said I decided to do something about the Ruger trigger. I took it off my 450 BM and replaced it with a Timney trigger. Man what a difference. I now have a smooth pull with no creep or over travel. And no safety blade to contend with. By the way I have never replaced a Savage Accu-Trigger on any of my rifles. I had a good rifle before and now I have a great rifle thanks to Timney Trigger.
CJP1

Re: How do you like your trigger

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Interesting to know, thanks for passing it on.
Al in Mi

Postby CJP1 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 am

Now that I let the cat out of the bag about my trigger. Is anyone interested in it? You can have it for free if you pay the shipping. Just PM me.
CJP1

Postby CJP1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:00 pm

I found out from another forum that some people were having issues with their Ruger American rifles not firing as I did. They seem to think it was caused by the bolt handle being raised slightly and just going click (decocking) when they pulled the trigger. That may have been my problem after all but glad I replaced factory Huntsman with the Timney anyway. IMHO It's smoother and has better adjustability.
CJP1

Postby pitted bore » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:50 am

CJP1-
Thank you for posting the follow up on the difficulty you encountered. Most bolt rifles, sporting and military, are designed to obstruct the firing pin fall when the bolt is not fully turned into place.
--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Bolt Action Rifles