Hello, new member here

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Hello, new member here

Postby Tbk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Just joined. I'm from Michigan's "thumb" and I've got my first 450 BM up and shooting. Its a VZ24 with Rhineland arms barrel. Right now its got a junk chopped down military stock until I get the stock I ordered from Richards fit. Been fooling with reloads using hornady FTX 250's and Ill gun powder. Just kinda trying to work up an accurate load.

Anyway, I've got lots of questions I'm hoping you fellas might be able to answer as I get further into this project.

I'm kind of familiar with how this cartridge got its start, but I do have one question. Why, if they were using the .284 Win as a base cartridge, did they decide on using small rifle primers instead of the parent cartridges large primer?

Again, thanks for letting me on board.

Tom.
Tbk

Re: Hello, new member here

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 am

Tbk wrote:Just joined. I'm from Michigan's "thumb" and I've got my first 450 BM up and shooting. Its a VZ24 with Rhineland arms barrel. Right now its got a junk chopped down military stock until I get the stock I ordered from Richards fit. Been fooling with reloads using hornady FTX 250's and Ill gun powder. Just kinda trying to work up an accurate load.

Anyway, I've got lots of questions I'm hoping you fellas might be able to answer as I get further into this project.

I'm kind of familiar with how this cartridge got its start, but I do have one question. Why, if they were using the .284 Win as a base cartridge, did they decide on using small rifle primers instead of the parent cartridges large primer?

Again, thanks for letting me on board.

Tom.

Welcome aboard Tom!

It's been asked before. Try this Google search term and read the hit from July 27, 2012:

site:450bushmaster.net small rifle primer.

Googles forum search works better than the embedded search feature here. I rarely if ever use the search feature embedded in this forum application.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Hello, new member here

Postby plant_one » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 am

welcome from oakland county! :)
plant_one

Return to Bolt Action Rifles