Did my .450B kill my Leupold?

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Did my .450B kill my Leupold?

Postby GaCop » Wed May 06, 2020 5:06 am

Slayer wrote:This is an old post but i see some guest are reading the post. Hoot has some awesome advice on scope mounting. Theres alot of good info from everyone.
My advice is to always when possible to use the best quality mounts one can afford. Especially for big bore cartridge rifles. When i mount a luepold scope, I use their rings and mounts. The only problem with that is they are pricey. If one doesn't have the tools and skill... a smith should be consulted. Luepold will honor their scopes and hardware a 100% if there is a defect. I have a scope cap heading back now that lost the luepold insignia the first shot out of my 450 bushy.
I found using their mounts to be the best way to eliminate mounting issues. At present I'm using the AR15 30mm cantilever on my rifle. So far zero issues. Hope this helps a bit...

Put a Simmons 4X12X40 8 Point on my 450 BM bolt action build because that's what I had lying around. Scope has been on a number of rifles w/o problems. After 86 rounds thru my BM, the cross hairs broke while I was shooting yesterday! One scope in the trash.
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Postby Slayer » Fri May 15, 2020 6:17 pm

The 450B does give a scope quit a pounding. Years ago i put a 3 to 9 simmons scope on a winchester bolt action 7mm rem mag. The first trip out the cross hairs broke..
Took it back to the gunshop where i bought it and he replaced it with the same model scope. That one lasted years, and was on the gun when i sold it. She was a tack driver, never should have sold her.
slayer. Burnham, Maine
Slayer

Postby GaCop » Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 am

Had a Simmons 8 point 4X12 AO mounted on my Bushmaster build. 100 rounds finally blew the cross hairs! It was a scope I had for years on a number of rifles w/o incident, until now.
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles