Christensen Arms 450 BM........

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Christensen Arms 450 BM........

Postby coyote wacker » Mon May 16, 2022 7:22 am

Picked up at a good price a new Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 450 Bushmaster to hunt the Southern Zone in Michigan. Well every place I looked the threads varied from 1/2"-28 to 5/8"- 24 for the pitch on the threads for the brake. I knew 1/2"-28 was wrong and if it was 5/8"-24 I could live with it. Well the gun arrived and looking at it was not the size I expected but 3/4", so I ordered a brake from SilencerCo 3/4"-24 a standard size. Several days later it arrived open the package and went to screw it on the rifle and it didn't fit. So I got out my thread gauge and checked it. It was not 3/4"-24 but the barrel was threaded 3/4"-28 so the brake will not fit a SilencerCo muzzle brake they don't even make a brake or even make a threaded end cap 3/4"-28 for the Hybrid suppresser.

Back when I first got my suppresser while I was waiting for it I had a gentleman make me several end caps in the threads I needed. His back log was 12-14 months but it was OK because I was waiting for the suppresser to get out of Jail and it worked out great getting them same week the suppresser got out of Jail. He no longer has time on his machinery to make parts.

I'am wondering if anybody else has a similar problem ?

Going to give Christensen Arms a call tomorrow, hopefully talk to a person with some knowledge about the problem.

I have a farm to hunt and the owner will only allow hunting with a gun if its suppressed, just too many homes are built in the area. And he doesn't want complains from surrounding land owner that don't hunt.
coyote wacker

Re: Christensen Arms 450 BM........

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon May 16, 2022 8:35 am

Contact ROSS brakes and see if his crew can help you make an adapter.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Dvanncvann » Mon May 16, 2022 1:44 pm

Hughes Precision should be able to fix you up.
https://hughesprecision.com/
Dvanncvann

Postby coyote wacker » Mon May 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Thanks ! I just cannot believe that a company would put a odd ball thread pitch.....if I was not retired it would be a simple job to fab a adapter....
coyote wacker

Postby Al in Mi » Tue May 17, 2022 6:19 am

Have a buddy looking at the Rdigeline or the Mesa, so will be following your progress on this one. ;)
Al in Mi

Postby coyote wacker » Tue May 17, 2022 7:37 am

Dvanncvann wrote:Hughes Precision should be able to fix you up.
https://hughesprecision.com/

First place I looked was Hughes .....nothing....for years I drove past them and stopped by if I needs something no longer live in the UP and drive down State....
Last edited by coyote wacker on Tue May 17, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coyote wacker

Postby coyote wacker » Tue May 17, 2022 1:24 pm

OK....Made a call to Christensen Arms I'am not very happy.....there answer is "the engineers decided it was a good thread to put on it".....There second answer is " call SilencerCo and have them make the proper adapter"..... Have a nice day....

I'am a retired mechanical engineer....why in the World would you make a thread on a rifle barrel that no one makes anything that is the same size.....

Guess I need to chalk it up as one of the biggest mistakes I've made in a l o n g time was buying a Christensen Arms rifle.....
coyote wacker

Postby Al in Mi » Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 am

couple options, take one of your smaller caps and have it opened up to 3/4-28, or have the barrel rethreaded to a cap you have..........just a thought.
Al in Mi

Postby coyote wacker » Wed May 18, 2022 10:05 am

My thought is to take one of my caps and have it threaded.....I really like the SilencerCo brake because its easy on and off and all of my rifles have them....

Doing research the past couple days I've found out Thunder Beast suppressors use 3/4"-28 .....

Also was sent this write up !

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... uch-steel/
coyote wacker

Return to Bolt Action Rifles