Ruger Gunsite Scout

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout

Postby buckeye3405 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:52 am

It was what we call bonus gun weekend here in Ohio this weekend. A special two day bonus gun season the started several years ago now. Ohio being a one buck state I was resigned to only being able to harvest a doe. I went to my family’s farm which consists of 615 acres in the rolling hills of eastern Ohio. I got into an elevated box blind around 230pm. I was running a touch late due to having to work on my Polaris ranger that’s only got 1545 miles on it but I digress. Should have bought the Honda.

I got settled into my Oak Ridge Hunting Blind and kicked back. The snow was falling slowly through the trees and it was a beautiful afternoon to be in the deer gun woods. Not long into my sit I noticed a group of deer walking along the tree line coming into the woods from a field. I watched as they worked through some heavy thickets toward me. I slid the front windows of the blind open and waited. A yearling doe came into the open but she was much too small to shoot. Then mama stepped into the open and i waited for her to turn broadside. Once she did I settled the Ruger scout on my shooting sticks and touched one off. The Hornady 250gr bullet traveled the 60 yards to the deer and struck her behind the shoulder. The deer stiffened on impact and stumbled she then turned and ran on her elbows straight down a ravine! The blood trail was massive. The drag was also straight back up said ravine. I got her dressed and transported her via the Polaris ranger back to my truck. I have to note the FTX bullet absolutely destroyed her lungs and exited the last rib on the opposite side as she was slightly quartering to me.

I absolutely love this Ruger scout rifle setup! Highly recommend it to anyone looking for the ultimate brush country 450 BM. Will also make one heck of a black bear rifle too.
buckeye3405

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout

Postby coyote wacker » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 am

It great to hear the Ruger worked out for you....
coyote wacker

Previous

Return to Bolt Action Rifles