On the low side of 3000 fps....

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

On the low side of 3000 fps....

Postby coyote wacker » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:46 am

Last year I didn't get much time to work on some loads for my new Christensen Arms 450 Bushmaster with a carbon wrapped barrel....so for hunting I used some of my proven AR-15 loads.....never saw a buck nice enough to pull the trigger on last year....
One of the hiccups of the Christensen Arms 450 Bushmaster is the threads on the barrel 3/4"- 28 don't understand why they used that size but it's an odd ball for suppressors.....I was lucky and had a friend contact me that they found a company that made a thread adaptor......https://www.eccomachine.net.....they make a lot of different part for suppressors and are reasonable and ship very fast they even sent me some candy with the part....

So now that I have the suppresser fit and working I got to work on some high pressure loads for the Christensen Arms rifle.....THIS LOAD IS ONLY SAFE IN BOLT ACTIONS AND COULD BE VERY DANGEROUS IN ANY AR-15....ITS SAFE IN MY CHRISTENSEN ARMS RIFLE ONLY....

I only use Remington 7 1/2 primers CCI and I go a long ways back and I haven't had a CCI primer in my house in about 50 years and never will....just hoping to see some good brass made for Large Rifle primers !!!!

I'am using Cutting Edge Bullets 160 gr. Flat Base Raptor.....https://cuttingedgebullets.com/452-160g ... ptor.....I was the first person to use this bullet and have shot a truck load of bucks with it in a AR-15 at 2658 fps....every one of the bucks shot with this combo except one was DRT and that one went a very shot distance....

Hornady once fired brass....
Remington 7 1/2 primers
LilGun Powder 52.5 gr.
Cutting Edge Bullets 160 gr. Raptor
Temperature 70....Wind East moving down range 5 mph....Humidity 70 %

Velocity at 15 ft......2965 fps average for 5 shots velocity spread 26 fps....my best 5 shot group shot at 200 yards 1 7/8".....
Just cannot get any more powder in the case....I'am using a 12" drop tube and LilGun just doesn't compress very much....
coyote wacker

Re: On the low side of 3000 fps....

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:54 pm

That's cooking.

What was your OAL?
Al in Mi

Re: On the low side of 3000 fps....

Postby coyote wacker » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:55 am

Sorry missed posting OAL.....2.40" If that nice buck walks the far fence row this year he better do it when I'am not sitting in the blind.....300 yards is the maximum I will shoot with this load....
coyote wacker

Return to Bolt Action Rifles