450b Bolt Action Rifle Picture Thread.

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b Bolt Action Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Wed May 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Kiwi Greg, I have to say that is one sweet looking rifle,
I would worry the fluting might take away from the character of the rifle but your minds eye has been spot on so far.
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby Kiwi Greg » Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 pm

3rdgeargrndrr wrote:Kiwi Greg, I have to say that is one sweet looking rifle,
I would worry the fluting might take away from the character of the rifle but your minds eye has been spot on so far.

Thanks
Here is her baby sister, 22 Terminator on a super lite ex 223 Kimber 84m with fluted bolt, hard to see in pic though.

Weighs 4.26 lbs complete :D

More info here.

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/f ... tor-13685/
Kiwi Greg

Postby Kiwi Greg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 am

Kiwi Greg wrote:I got my Kimber 84M actioned 450 Bushmaster up & going this morning.

I will probably get the bolt fluted to drop a bit of weight off it, its just under 5lbs as shown, without bipod, but with scope & suppressor.

It recoils a little with the 250 FTXs & shoots the 225 FTX, 170 Lehighs subsonic very nicely too.

I'm very happy with how its turned out.

Terminator Products super lite wooden stock, 12" Vulcan barrel, Kimber 84m action, Leupold VX2 2-7x33 CDS scope with Alumina caps, Talley low rings, SSRNZ suppressor , Black KG Guncoat.

I have added a couple more sections to the suppressor & it is a bit quieter now subsonic.

Took it along with some other rifles today to shoot some steel

Shot it at 565 Yards. with Hornady Factory 250 FTX rounds.

They have a muzzle velocity of around 1950 FPS out of this barrel.

It is zeroed for subs at 50 yards, the supers are around 8" higher at 100, lucky this can be programmed into Shooter :)

Its a long way for a slow little bullet, it goes transonic at 350 yards, makes a 30 cal Corlock look pretty aerodynamic :lol:

Here is a short video of shooting it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqkLUrfuFDs
Kiwi Greg

Postby Hoot » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:50 am

Very cool video. The most impressive part is when you zoom back and the sheer distance really hits your vision.

Thanks for doing it and sharing it with us.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Kiwi Greg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 am

Hoot wrote:Very cool video. The most impressive part is when you zoom back and the sheer distance really hits your vision.

Thanks for doing it and sharing it with us.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot.

Funny the 338 Norma was 8.1 moa, 100 yard zero, the 50 BMG was 9.2, 215 yard zero & the Bushmaster was 46.5 moa, 100 yard zero, LOL :D
Kiwi Greg

Postby Southerncross » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:11 am

New guy here;

I'm working on an Argentine Mauser project (originally 8mm of course) that we're rebuilding into a 450 hunting rifle with some character. Currently the barrel is off, the new blank is in hand, and we're trying to decide what stock or chassis to go with this build as well as barrel length.

I have a couple questions for you guys that have done these; what is the go to barrel length? I was plannin on 16"-18" and threaded. Mine will probably have a suppressor mounted shortly after I finish. Also, what profile are most people running? My original plan was for a fluted bull.

Thoughts?
Southerncross

Postby pitted bore » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Southerncross-
Since this thread is nominally devoted to pictures of bolt actions, it's possible that your questions may be overlooked because they are located at the end of a long thread about pictures. I've taken the liberty of starting a new thread in the bolt-action forum, to make it easier for forum members to find your questions and to start answering them. I hope it's OK.

Mauser Project - Advice Needed

Thanks.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 pm

I can migrate your post over to the other thread if you want, Southern Cross or you can just use pitted bores' post to continue this discussion. Or you can just leave it where it is. Your choice.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby ENCORE » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:37 pm

New to the board, wanting to learn..........

Shooting an Ultimate Firearms Inc. .450 Bushmaster named the Game Breaker. Very satisfied with the accuracy of this rifle. Remington action, Lothar Walther barrel 1:24

The photo below was NOT shot by me, but another shooter. I do have a target nearly identical that I did shoot.

I shot the rifle at 300yds. The first 3 shots are those together at the top. My fourth shot was totally my fault. The 5th shot which is in the bull, I aimed at the bottom of the black.

I have yet to purchase reloading dies. I have an RCBS Rock Chucker and the dies which I've seen have been something other than RCBS. Not sure they'll work in the RC press??
ENCORE

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 am

Welcome aboard. That is some fine shooting! The Hornady dies work fine in a Rock Chucker.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles