450b Bolt Action Rifle Picture Thread.

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b Bolt Action Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby Archie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Holy Moley! That Guacamoly is holey! :lol:
Archie

Postby pitted bore » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I want a 450 Bushmaster....IN A GLOCK!!

Texas Sheepdawg-
I'm still confused about how Glocks found their way to a thread on bolt-action 450 Bushmaster rifles. Does Glock plan to manufacture bolt-action rifles? Could you provide a clue?

Thanks.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby wildcatter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 am

pitted bore wrote:

Texas Sheepdawg-
I'm still confused about how Glocks found their way to a thread on bolt-action 450 Bushmaster rifles. Does Glock plan to manufacture bolt-action rifles? Could you provide a clue?

Thanks.
--Bob

Bad Bob, I think he might be "Almost" as bad as I am, but not there yet, when it comes to Hy-Jacking. Little bad habit of mine..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby artalon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I have a P.O.Akly I was seriously considering rechambering to a 338/06, I dont think so any more
MOLON LABE
artalon

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:07 pm

wildcatter wrote:
pitted bore wrote:

Texas Sheepdawg-

Thanks.
--Bob

Bad Bob, I think he might be "Almost" as bad as I am, but not there yet, when it comes to Hy-Jacking. Little bad habit of mine..t

:roll: oops..... Sorry.... I will sit in the corner now... :?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dogsniper » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 am

I am ramping up to build a 450b Bolt Action myself. Seeing that it HAS been done by at least one member here, I do have some questions. I have located a barrel blank with a 1:20 twist. I see where it is advised to stay away from the 1:16, with the 1:20 be sufficient? Also, I plan on using a Stevens 200 (savage 10) action as I already have one chambered for a 22-250 and the bolt head is the same. This is where the other questions come in. Will I need to modify the magazine follower to feed the rounds correctly? I am hoping Pittbull will have some advice on this since he has pictures of the rifle he already built. Also, if it would make things "easier" I would be willing to use a long action rifle if that will allow the cartridge to free itself from the magazine without binding trying to feed into the barrel. I have already contacted Manson Reamers and that is taken care of...just want to have all of the important stuff covered before I invest a bunch of money only to find out I didn't start with the right stuff! Thanks All!
It's not the size of the Dog in the Fight that matters....It's the amount of Fight in the Dog!
dogsniper

Postby pitted bore » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm

dogsniper-

I will start a new thread here in the Bolt Action section of the forum to try to answer your questions. I hope you don't mind. (What started out as a picture thread has gotten seriously derailed - but that's OK.

(Texas Sheepdawg, you can come out of your corner now. <grin>)

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby dogsniper » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 am

Pitted Bore,

Sounds great. Thank you. Hoping to have this build finished by NEXT years Indiana Deer season. I am sure at least some of you have read elsewhere the Indiana DNR rule changes to allow certain "pistol" cartridges in rifles. I know...this isn't a pistol cartridge....but really the rules deal more with the case length and bullet diameter than they do what firearm they can be used in. I'm a nut for the .452 bullet....big hole=deer that drop quickly! I use the xtp in my muzzleloader and my Ruger New Model Blackhawk...adding a bolt chucker Bushmaster to the group will just fit the bill! Once I get it completed I hope to work up some loads using the Hornady bullets, and think I am going to try the 275gn (460S&W) Barnes bullet. With the bolt action and either a 20 or 22" barrel I am hoping to really up the velocity...

I will be watching for the new post. Thank you again!
It's not the size of the Dog in the Fight that matters....It's the amount of Fight in the Dog!
dogsniper

Postby pitted bore » Sun May 22, 2011 10:55 pm

This thread has strayed from the pics, which is usual and OK.

To sort of bring it back, I'll note that I posted some images of my second bolt rifle in this thread: A Second Bolt Rifle

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 am

Okay so when are you gonna go into mass production? I want one.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles