Mossberg MVP bolt-action uses AR15 mags

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Mossberg MVP bolt-action uses AR15 mags

Postby jackson-will » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks for the information.
jackson-will

Postby bigboreshooter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 pm

So I talked to mossberg cust srvc today and they said 40 were shipped to rsr distributors at end of July. So I called them and they will only talk to a dealer already set up with them. I have my local guy looking into it, if any of you are licensed dealer and have delt with them before could help I would appreciate it.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

???...They only managed to produce 40 of these??? WTH? Or are we missing a zero on that number?? :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bigboreshooter » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:01 pm

40 is what Mossberg CS rep said but it did take some silver tongue speaking to even get him to check for me.
bigboreshooter

Postby tbirdman74 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Well, I held in my hand today, an MVP. Neat gun, sorta. It felt like picking up a Red Ryder BB gun. Very light, with a 30 round mag(empty, of course) in it. Laminated stock, I think, but felt almost like plastic, real narrow under the cheek. Kinda think it would kick like a mule if a guy tried to convert it to 450. Dealer at gun show didn't have the bolt in it, and didn't seem too interested in letting me see it either. Almost cost me 525 just to see it. Never did see it. Decided to walk away and spend my money elsewhere.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby bigboreshooter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:31 pm

My guy found one in .204 ruger will that work for conversion WC?
bigboreshooter

Postby wildcatter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:My guy found one in .204 ruger will that work for conversion WC?

That would work, I think, I need to have one in my hands before I'd know for sure. It has a flapper thingy, at the 6 o'clock position on the bottom of the bolt, the flapper hangs down and picks up the cartridge from the bolt, so, can we make that work? I think maybe so, but I'd have to do a survey, first.

Yeah, the lightness, coupled with the fact that it doesn't have a gas system that absorbs 25%+, means, you'd get full recoil and the 450b, under those circumstances, and that recoil will let you know, "It's-In-There".

The Gunny was very glad when we gas-i-fied the LM. He thought he was going to need some new dentures..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Sports Authority here in Arvada Colorado has an MVP in 5.56, yes actual 5.56mm, for 499.99. Just in case anybody in the Denver area is looking for one.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby bigboreshooter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 pm

tbirdman74 wrote:Well, I held in my hand today, an MVP. Neat gun, sorta. It felt like picking up a Red Ryder BB gun. Very light, with a 30 round mag(empty, of course) in it. Laminated stock, I think, but felt almost like plastic, real narrow under the cheek. Kinda think it would kick like a mule if a guy tried to convert it to 450. Dealer at gun show didn't have the bolt in it, and didn't seem too interested in letting me see it either. Almost cost me 525 just to see it. Never did see it. Decided to walk away and spend my money elsewhere.

Which stock did it have, the benchrest style or sporter style?
bigboreshooter

Postby wildcatter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:So I talked to mossberg cust srvc today and they said [color=#BF0000]40 were shipped to rsr distributor[/color]s at end of July. So I called them and they will only talk to a dealer already set up with them. I have my local guy looking into it, if any of you are licensed dealer and have delt with them before could help I would appreciate it.

Some confusion here. RSR is a single distributor and they got 40pcs, in July (How many since??). And how many others, went out to other distributors??

I just did a search and found 19 other sources, with MVP's for sale..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles