Mossberg MVP bolt-action uses AR15 mags

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Mossberg MVP bolt-action uses AR15 mags

Postby bigboreshooter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:16 am

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... Gi9SFqAjyA

This is a post by "Cheaper than Dirt" on face book, second employee lists the MVP in his top 10 and states that "Mossberg told him more calibers are coming in the MVP platform".
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fow.ly%2F8hgGo&h=kAQFdLchNAQGGKewqLQEF_SceL1QQGou8flO2Gi9SFqAjyA

This is a post by "Cheaper than Dirt" on face book, second employee lists the MVP in his top 10 and states that "Mossberg told him more calibers are coming in the MVP platform".

Cool, but when can we get the first offering?..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 am

Hey T, do u have any experience with the .300 black out round. The MVP would also be a great platform for this caliber since it uses .223 cases
bigboreshooter

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm beginning to think the Mossy MVP was just another trial balloon from the industry, to see if anyone would order any...personally, I'm getting real tired of the firearms industry floating this stuff out there with no intention of ever building any of it. They shouldn't announce a product without any stock to ship, at least enough for test and review purposes. Why do they do this crap??? :evil:

I just emailed Mossy customer service about the excessive delay in getting product on the shelf. I hope, unlike Freedom Group, they will actually respond in some way or other. We'll see, I guess.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 am

bigboreshooter wrote:Hey T, do u have any experience with the .300 black out round. The MVP would also be a great platform for this caliber since it uses .223 cases

BBS, Shore do, been fooling with the 300 whisper for "Long Years" (as a wildcat, 20 years before JD made it popular), if you want a fun gun, however, somewhat lacking for serious Social Work. Myself, for ringing the bell, I'd rather have a sub-sonic 45cal, which is, for all practical purposes, just as accurate as this 300ACC, over the intended ranges and far more effective, in a wad cutter to Keith type or truncated flat point.

The 300 BO is a 300 Whisper knock-off and neither, actually isn't done on a 223 case, Per se, but they are based on the 221 fire ball case (300ACC BO case being 1.368" long and the 223 case being 1.760" long ). Like the 30-06 family of cartridges, one "Could" make 308 to 45acp cases with the 06 as the parent case, so, with that as an example, you could definitely cut a 223 case short, but then you'll have to ream the neck of the newly formed case, as the case gets thicker the further south you go down the case, but it can be done. Myself I'm kinda lazy, so I'd just pick up some 221 Remmy Fireball cases or get JD to souvenir me a bunch of Whisper cases..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Good news, if you're interested (especially WC...): I just got an email from Mossberg customer service this afternoon that says they've just started shipping their MVP rifles out to distributors/dealers...so, it would seem I was a bit hasty in using the "very mad" smiley on the post above....I'll officially change it to :)

I think WC might be able to move a unit or two if he decides to make up a bolt-action 450b... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm

That is good news. I would know how much interest there's be in such a rig (The AR totally out classes any bolt gun in this cartridge, to the point it's like owning a trap-door, something I want to have, just not very practical, in the over-all scheme of things) but I do know that I'd sell at least one, cause it'll be mine and there just might be some out here that doesn't care about Practical, they just want it, Cause.

Although, you can't get an AR into Canada or Africa, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Ya gotta build at least one, just cuz', like you said. Speaking of trapdoors, I have an original but the barrel is toast on the inside...can these things be relined? Ooops...hijack unintended... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby 9x19MdM » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 pm

9x19MdM

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:32 pm

I started saving for one this week. T, let me know final price when u get it figured out and I'll send you my dealers info. Will you ream the barrel out to .450 or put new barrel on? I could see having .223, .300 bo and a .450 barrel since they all use the .223 bolt and mag. I like to be the first one on the block with the new toys. ;) Thanks Commander for doing the leg work.
bigboreshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Bolt Action Rifles